The Student Room Group
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London

Is London Met a good university for Dietetics/ KCL / UCL

Hi
Im looking for reviews on London Met university.
I am 36 years old with a Bachelors in Fashion (2006), I haven't worked for a while as Ive been raising my family for the past few years. I now want a complete career change and have finally decided Id like to study Dietetics from a well reputed university. I live in London and can not relocate as I don't want my children to move schools.
After researching it seems there is only one undergrad Dietetics course in London which is at the London Met. Initially I only wanted to apply to top universities as Ive always wanted to go to one ( never got the opportunity as Ive been raised abroad so it is in some way a dream of mine to go to one).
I would really like honest reviews on London Met and this course, what is their reputation?
I do not have a science background so Ill either have to do an access course or a foundation year (available at London Met). So it will take me a total of 4 years.
What would be better in terms of job prospects etc to do an undergrad in nutrition (or similar ) from a top Uni or be a registered Dietitian after completing an undergrad from London Met.( I know I could go on to do Master is Dietetics after an undergrad in nutrition but that would mean another 2 years and given that I will be a mature student I do not want to spend 6 years doing this.)
Any guidance/experiences and opinions will be appreciated.
Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending