The Student Room Group

MSc Dietetics - University College London (UCL) and King's College London (KCL)

Hey all, I was wondering particularly if anyone has heard back from UCL / KCL with an offer / interview.

I had my interview with Kings College already and am currently awaiting a decision as to whether I will be accepted, (The date I have is the 6th of April), was wondering if anyone has actually received an offer from them at this point or a letter of rejection / waiting list after they have completed an interview with them

However I have not received a decision as to whether I will even have an interview with UCL for Dietetics yet and it is April, I did receive an email from them saying it might take more than two weeks to process my application due to a large number of applicants this year, so it's not that I find it unusual that I haven't heard back yet was just wondering if anyone has at this point.

UPDATE 1 (06/04/23): I ended up receiving an offer from Kings College to join their 2023/2024 cohort for Dietetics MSc, I have also received an interview with UCL and will update with the outcome of that decision when the time is right. If anyone also has received an offer for KCL and/or has an interview with UCL please engage with the thread! I'd be very interested to know.

UPDATE 2 (24/04/23): I ended up also getting an offer to study with UCL! I am beyond thrilled! If you are also going UCL please let me know!
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
Original post by KingzyWingzy
Hey all, I was wondering particularly if anyone has heard back from UCL / KCL with an offer / interview.

I had my interview with Kings College already and am currently awaiting a decision as to whether I will be accepted, (The date I have is the 6th of April), was wondering if anyone has actually received an offer from them at this point or a letter of rejection / waiting list after they have completed an interview with them

However I have not received a decision as to whether I will even have an interview with UCL for Dietetics yet and it is April, I did receive an email from them saying it might take more than two weeks to process my application due to a large number of applicants this year, so it's not that I find it unusual that I haven't heard back yet was just wondering if anyone has at this point.

Hi

I'm in the same boat re-UCL still haven't heard anything back re-interview. Hoping that it will come soon but sounds like it will be 2 weeks +.

W
Original post by WEC1234
Hi

I'm in the same boat re-UCL still haven't heard anything back re-interview. Hoping that it will come soon but sounds like it will be 2 weeks +.

W

Let me know how it goes, keep me updated once you hear something! I'll do the same.
Reply 3
Let me know how it goes, keep me updated once you hear something! I'll do the same.

Gutted but got rejected today without an interview - only place I applied so will have to find out a bit more about why and then will be re-applying next year. Hope you get better news! Good luck with all your applications.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by WEC1234
Gutted but got rejected today without an interview - only place I applied so will have to find out a bit more about why and then will be re-applying next year. Hope you get better news! Good luck with all your applications.

Sorry to hear about that, that really sucks. I also got an email by them but ended up getting an interview somehow, I really don't know how. Hope I get into Kings College and have that as insurance at least in case I mess up my interview with UCL.

Thanks for replying and keeping me updated :smile: .
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 5

UPDATE 1 (06/04/23): I ended up receiving an offer from Kings College to join their 2023/2024 cohort for Dietetics MSc, I have also received an interview with UCL and will update with the outcome of that decision when the time is right. If anyone also has received an offer for KCL and/or has an interview with UCL please engage with the thread! I'd be very interested to know.

UPDATE 2 (24/04/23): I ended up also getting an offer to study with UCL! I am beyond thrilled! If you are also going UCL please let me know!

Congrats on receiving both offers! I'm an international student and I'm going to apply for both KCL and UCL MSc Dietetics in the coming year. Do you mind sharing why did you choose UCL over KCL and was the interviews tough? Thanks in advance!
Reply 6
Hey, I'm an incoming UCL first year allocated to One Pool Street single ensuite self-catered(281.96 /week) near the ucl east campus, and I'm looking to swap to a room near the bloomsbury campus. Let me know if you're interested! Not too fussed if ensuite or not.
Reply 7
Original post by tc05
Congrats on receiving both offers! I'm an international student and I'm going to apply for both KCL and UCL MSc Dietetics in the coming year. Do you mind sharing why did you choose UCL over KCL and was the interviews tough? Thanks in advance!

I chose UCL over KCL because of three reasons

1) UCL is more internationally regarded and has a higher overall ranking with respect to QS World Ranking Leaderboard (QS world Ranking 2024 UCL = 9, QS World Ranking 2024 KCL = 40 which is still v good btw)

2) The Dietetics course is smaller at UCL (15 students vs 30 at KCL) and therefore is more competitive to get into, because it has a smaller year, you have a lot more options to really get to know your lecturers and classmates better, a closer knit family type feel.

3) I personally had access to funding at UCL I did not have at KCL (worth £5,000 a year), even though KCL is about £2,500 cheaper tuition fee wise, because of the scholarship funding, it meant there was a bigger financial incentive for me to actually go UCL and not KCL.

The interview you just really have to understand what it is you think a dietitian does in a day to day life, you should know about biological metabolic processes, as they may ask you about it in the interview (at least they did for kings). They want to get to know how you are as a character, how well would you get along with people in your cohort, and what makes you stand out to other candidates. Understanding what a dietitian is and does is very very essential to doing good in the interview, understanding the qualities that makes a good dietitian, and hitting on those key words during the interview, will literally make them nod along to you. (e.g. Patient-focused, Team orientated, A passion for food and physiology, Empathy)
Reply 8
I chose UCL over KCL because of three reasons

1) UCL is more internationally regarded and has a higher overall ranking with respect to QS World Ranking Leaderboard (QS world Ranking 2024 UCL = 9, QS World Ranking 2024 KCL = 40 which is still v good btw)

2) The Dietetics course is smaller at UCL (15 students vs 30 at KCL) and therefore is more competitive to get into, because it has a smaller year, you have a lot more options to really get to know your lecturers and classmates better, a closer knit family type feel.

3) I personally had access to funding at UCL I did not have at KCL (worth £5,000 a year), even though KCL is about £2,500 cheaper tuition fee wise, because of the scholarship funding, it meant there was a bigger financial incentive for me to actually go UCL and not KCL.

The interview you just really have to understand what it is you think a dietitian does in a day to day life, you should know about biological metabolic processes, as they may ask you about it in the interview (at least they did for kings). They want to get to know how you are as a character, how well would you get along with people in your cohort, and what makes you stand out to other candidates. Understanding what a dietitian is and does is very very essential to doing good in the interview, understanding the qualities that makes a good dietitian, and hitting on those key words during the interview, will literally make them nod along to you. (e.g. Patient-focused, Team orientated, A passion for food and physiology, Empathy)

Thank you for sharing your experience in applying for KCL and UCL, I am proceeding to apply for both universities as well this year and I am really afraid of the interviews, you really did gave me an overview of the interview! Hope you are having a great university life! (p.s I am stress about writing personal statement and submitting applications while studying my post-graduate...)
Reply 9
Original post by tc05

Hi, tc05! Good luck for applying in MSc Dietetics. I am also interest in applying for the master programme too. But I just discovered that MSc Dietetics KCL doesn't open their programme for international students (overseas fee student). Is that true?
Original post by 46.hcy_
Thank you for sharing your experience in applying for KCL and UCL, I am proceeding to apply for both universities as well this year and I am really afraid of the interviews, you really did gave me an overview of the interview! Hope you are having a great university life! (p.s I am stress about writing personal statement and submitting applications while studying my post-graduate...)
Its going okay so far, the course is quite intensive, but i'd say its bearable haha. any questions lmk
Reply 11
Its going okay so far, the course is quite intensive, but i'd say its bearable haha. any questions lmk
May I ask are there around 15 students in your cohort (and in the previous cohorts) and how many international students were accepted for your cohort? I'm having my interview for UCL soon, do you have any tips on prepping for the interview? Thanks so much!
Reply 12
Original post by vrecha
Hi, tc05! Good luck for applying in MSc Dietetics. I am also interest in applying for the master programme too. But I just discovered that MSc Dietetics KCL doesn't open their programme for international students (overseas fee student). Is that true?
yea I realized that too, so I only applied for UCL at last
Reply 13
Original post by tc05
yea I realized that too, so I only applied for UCL at last
But KCL did provide an overview of international tuition fee though?! Additionally, as an international student, I did an interview with KCL for Dietetics MSc last week so they must consider international students as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending