The Student Room Group

Mechanics Question Help

Hey guys, for this question, I am confused as to why I am getting an incorrect answer. I put the intital time as ' t' for when the driver begins to drive at a constant speed at 10ms^-1. Therefore, the equation to work out t should be (25*30) + 1/2(35)(t-30)+(90-t)*10=1410. However, this is the wrong answer. Could someone please explain why?
(edited 1 year ago)
Its correct 38-30=8
Reply 2
Original post by mqb2766
Its correct 38-30=8

Thank you so much, I understand now :smile: I was just focusing on the fact that I wasn't getting 8 seconds.
Original post by Nithu05
Thank you so much, I understand now :smile: I was just focusing on the fact that I wasn't getting 8 seconds.

Tbh, a bit like your other question, I cant help thinking you really should do a clear sketch and mark on it what the question is asking and what youre calculating, as well as the other info. Id generally do a solid line representing t from 0 to "38" (this question) or the height starting at A (previous question) and put the variable name on there.

Unless you like chucking marks away ...
Reply 4
Original post by mqb2766
Tbh, a bit like your other question, I cant help thinking you really should do a clear sketch and mark on it what the question is asking and what youre calculating, as well as the other info. Id generally do a solid line representing t from 0 to "38" (this question) or the height starting at A (previous question) and put the variable name on there.

Unless you like chucking marks away ...

Thank you! Will do

Quick Reply

Latest