The Student Room Group

Criminology course

Does anyone know if I am able to do a masters degree in applied criminology if I have a law degree?
Reply 1
If you have a look on the specification I’m sure you would be able too depending on the university. For example some MA simply ask for a degree in a similar area, or more broadly a degree in social humanities etc. There will be a requirement section on the course page, so just have a look on there. But I don’t see why you would not be able to as the courses are similar in their content.
Reply 2
On the uni I want to go to it just says “degree in criminology or related courses”, not too sure if law is a related course. Thank you for your reply! I’ll try and have another look at the course details. Hopefully they think it’s related.
Reply 3
Original post by KateE2000
On the uni I want to go to it just says “degree in criminology or related courses”, not too sure if law is a related course. Thank you for your reply! I’ll try and have another look at the course details. Hopefully they think it’s related.

I’ve just had a look on Manchester MET University for applied criminology Masters and it says the course information has a wide range of different disciplines, one of them includes law. So I would say you would be absolutely fine to go ahead and apply for a MA in applied criminology!! Best of luck :smile:
Reply 4
Aw brill I didn’t see that thank you so much!!
Original post by KateE2000
Aw brill I didn’t see that thank you so much!!

Hi @KateE2000

Yes, here at Manchester Met we do offer MA in Applied Criminology and typically we would look for an undergraduate degree in criminology or a related field but we can consider applicants from other disciplines! We would consider an undergraduate degree in Law and if you are interested in studying with us we would recommend applying so it can be reviewed by the admissions tutor!

You can find information on our course here: https://www.mmu.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/course/ma-applied-criminology#overview we do have a couple of other postgraduate Criminology related courses which you can find here: https://www.mmu.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/subject/criminology

E
ach of the entry requirements will be on the course page but if you have any questions please do not hesitate to let me know or email our team at [email protected]

I hope some of this helps!

Carly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending