The Student Room Group

How to write personal statement for major/different minors degree?

For example, if I want to apply to Law LLB, Law with Criminology LLB, Law with Business LLB?

Right now, I'm thinking of applying to Law LLB, Law (with Chinese Law) LLB, and Law with Criminology LLB

Thank you!
Original post by imloki
For example, if I want to apply to Law LLB, Law with Criminology LLB, Law with Business LLB?

Right now, I'm thinking of applying to Law LLB, Law (with Chinese Law) LLB, and Law with Criminology LLB

Thank you!

You would have to try to merge law, Chinese and criminology somehow.

It's actually easier than it seems. Maybe try to find a recent legal event in China and discuss it from a criminology point of view?

My buddy is applying for IR, Chinese and Politics all as different courses and even he is managing to write a personal statement which covers all 3.
Reply 2
Thank you! Do you think just a small section will be enough? Like, if I do a MOOC on Criminology and then write a short paragraph about it? Or do I also need to say in my personal statement why I'm interested in Criminology?
Original post by imloki

Thank you!

Hi @imloki

When writing a personal statement for different courses you need to find a way to draw all of the elements in. This doesn't have to be in great depth or an equal split between the different courses but can be really subtle. For example, all of your topics involve law so I would make discussion on why you want to study law the main focus of your personal statement. After doing this, I would weave in the other topics so they are seamlessly within the personal statement but not in an overbearing manner. For example, is there a law in China which you find interesting in comparison to English Law? A brief discussion of this could just seem like you are interested in "English law", however, to the institution you are applying to do Chinese Law with, it will appear to be an interest in both 🙂

I hope this helps and good luck!

Sophie
Reply 4
Original post by imloki

Thank you!

Just look your intrest! My opinion
Reply 5
Thank you everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending