The Student Room Group

How much do you have in your savings?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Quady
Well I wasn't looking for an exact figure, just wondering if it was four figures, five figures, six figures, seven or zero.

I have six figures in cash, awaiting a house the stupid offers over system is making difficult to buy, and six figures in equities.

Okay 👌
I would say that I have roughly six figures worth of shares if I was to cash them in at present.

Six figures plus in savings
Like I said previously I have a tiny mortgage balance on the house 🏠

Yeah unfortunately the offers over system can make it dearer than what it is probably worth but you do get people holding out for lots more than they think they should be getting for the house 🏠.

I made a one price offer for my current house because it needed new windows, rewired, new central heating system and other work done which they accepted as other house's on the street was similar in the asking price but with everything almost done in work wise but I wanted the one I'm in but was willing to pay ott for it knowing that it would cost xx to put right.
Reply 21
Original post by Tracey_W
Okay 👌
I would say that I have roughly six figures worth of shares if I was to cash them in at present.

Six figures plus in savings
Like I said previously I have a tiny mortgage balance on the house 🏠

Yeah unfortunately the offers over system can make it dearer than what it is probably worth but you do get people holding out for lots more than they think they should be getting for the house 🏠.

I made a one price offer for my current house because it needed new windows, rewired, new central heating system and other work done which they accepted as other house's on the street was similar in the asking price but with everything almost done in work wise but I wanted the one I'm in but was willing to pay ott for it knowing that it would cost xx to put right.

On the first place I bought also put in an offer which was accepted without going to closing date. The offer was 1% above the offers over, 5% below the home report.

If only it were that simple right now...

Not really had an issue with vendors holding out for an unrealistic price. Just our offers of circa 10% over the Home Report have been middle of the pack.
Original post by -Eirlys-
Yes, but it seems mortgage lenders are pretty hard to impress, so I think I'd need to do more than just show I can save. I do have spreadsheets showing all my incomings and outgoings over the years that may help.

Yeah they can be difficult to impress lenders but you can at least show them that you have savings and you won't necessarily need to have spreadsheets showing that you spent etc because your bank statements will show how you are doing with things but it's good to have something like what you have done.
Original post by Quady
On the first place I bought also put in an offer which was accepted without going to closing date. The offer was 1% above the offers over, 5% below the home report.

If only it were that simple right now...

Not really had an issue with vendors holding out for an unrealistic price. Just our offers of circa 10% over the Home Report have been middle of the pack.

Yeah if things were as simple as that nowadays then I don't think that we would have any problems.

My first house I bought was unfortunately ott capital city prices but I made a decent profit on selling it when I moved back to my own city on other side of my country.

Up here where I'm from you generally have a 20% limit over the asking price usually with how our housing market works. But of course it's only worth what somebody wants to pay for it.

You can get awkward vendors like who wants as much as possible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending