The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

I don’t think I’m getting in

I chose university of Lincoln as my firm choice ( it was a foundation year) but I did really badly for one of my exams and now I don’t think I’ll get in . Do u think they’ll let me in or will they reject me.
Original post by Lalapopop
I chose university of Lincoln as my firm choice ( it was a foundation year) but I did really badly for one of my exams and now I don’t think I’ll get in . Do u think they’ll let me in or will they reject me.

There is no way for anyone to predict this. Universities can sometimes have a degree of flexibility if someone has narrowly missed the grade requirements, however this very much depends on the specific course and university admissions policies.

If you are feeling concerned, would it be worth taking time to think of a backup plan? Would you be able to resit your exam, or would you rather look at a different pathway? Having a plan B you are happy with (while not ideal) might help to alleviate some nerves.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Original post by Lalapopop

Hi @Lalapopop,

We know that exams and coursework, and waiting on results can be stressful, but please try not to worry.

What course are you planning on studying?

You can speak to our friendly Admissions team, who will be able to offer advice on what to do should you not get the grades you require. Obviously there is a bit of time before results are released, but it doesn't do any harm to plan ahead. :smile:

As mentioned in the comment above, it is always well worth having a backup plan, to ensure you are as prepared as you can be for different outcomes.

You can contact our Admissions team on 01522 886097. I believe their office hours are 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday. And since we have just entered the Clearing period, it is also handy to have our Clearing hotline 0808 164 4444 (Opening hours 9am-4pm Monday to Friday).

Please try not to worry, and we wish you the very best of luck. :smile:

Olivia - University of Lincoln Rep

Quick Reply

Latest