The Student Room Group

Is there any way an NVQ Lvl 5 can lead to a career in nursing

I'm looking at a care assistant job which offers full support to achieve Lvl 5 NVQ in adult health and social care, but I've got no idea about this
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by poleax3
I'm looking at a care assistant job which offers full support to achieve Lvl 5 NVQ in adult health and social care, but I've got no idea about this

As long as you then go on to do a degree in adult nursing, yes - just see how many places will accept this.
Reply 3
Original post by Emily_B
As long as you then go on to do a degree in adult nursing, yes - just see how many places will accept this.

do u have any idea how many would? is there any way to get registered without a degree or to get the fees waived significantly
Original post by poleax3

How can I get into nursing without going to university....
Registered nurse degree apprenticeships (RNDA)

A registered nurse degree apprenticeship (RNDA) offers a flexible route to becoming a nurse that doesn't require full-time study at university. You will need to secure a position as an RNDA and your employer will release you to study at university part time.

https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk ...
How to become a nurse - NHS Health Careers
Original post by poleax3

As both post's # 3 & 5 has said about it most likely you'll have to do either a 3 year nursing degree or try the apprenticeship route. As those are the best options for you to do this okay 🙂🙂.

A NHS registered midwife.
Original post by poleax3
do u have any idea how many would? is there any way to get registered without a degree or to get the fees waived significantly

The only way of getting on to the NMC register is with a degree in the relevant subject.

- adult nursing = must have a degree in adult nursing
- MH nursing = must have a degree in MH nursing
- child nursing = must have a degree in children's nursing
- LD nursing = must have a degree in LD nursing
- midwife = must have a degree in midwifery
- nursing associate = must have a foundation degree (level 5) in nursing associate

As you can see, the only way of getting on to the NMC register without a full degree is by doing a nursing associate foundation degree. Your level 5 H&SC won't get you that... because it's not nursing associate level 5.

The only other way is as an apprenticeship, which still requires level 6 (degree level) study. So no, you can't, under any circumstances, get registered without an NMC approved degree, of which Health & Social Care level 5 definitely is not.

The only way of getting fees waived is by going down the apprentice route.
Reply 7
I completed my NVQ level 5 in health and social care in May and this has allowed me to do my degree in Adult nursing. I start in September. There was a limited amount of universities that would allow me in though as they all have different entry requirements but I did have a choice of 3 nearby to me.
Original post by beckmuz
I completed my NVQ level 5 in health and social care in May and this has allowed me to do my degree in Adult nursing. I start in September. There was a limited amount of universities that would allow me in though as they all have different entry requirements but I did have a choice of 3 nearby to me.

Hey there!! I need some suggestions and help, as I got to know that you also started nursing after level 5, and I am currently studying level 5 health and social care management. How can I find a university to continue a nursing course? Without work experience, am I qualified to get an entry in nursing degree? I am currently living in the UAE. Thank you in advance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending