The Student Room Group

Any Brits at Amsterdam Uni??

I am in the UK (lived here all my life) and studying for my A' levels and my my mum (who is Dutch) is 'pushing' me to apply. One of my main reasons for uni (like many) is student life like freshers week etc etc. I know what I'm getting with Bristol, Exeter, Birmingham, Leeds etc but no idea on the cultural/student life in Amsterdam. Of course I want to work hard but I also want to party sometimes with like-minded people :smile: Any Brits out there that can help paint a picture of student life perhaps compared to the usual British unis??? Thanks!
Original post by jimmybonds007
I am in the UK (lived here all my life) and studying for my A' levels and my my mum (who is Dutch) is 'pushing' me to apply. One of my main reasons for uni (like many) is student life like freshers week etc etc. I know what I'm getting with Bristol, Exeter, Birmingham, Leeds etc but no idea on the cultural/student life in Amsterdam. Of course I want to work hard but I also want to party sometimes with like-minded people :smile: Any Brits out there that can help paint a picture of student life perhaps compared to the usual British unis??? Thanks!

Sorry - wrong uni :smile:
I am in the UK (lived here all my life) and studying for my A' levels and my my mum (who is Dutch) is 'pushing' me to apply. One of my main reasons for uni (like many) is student life like freshers week etc etc. I know what I'm getting with Bristol, Exeter, Birmingham, Leeds etc but no idea on the cultural/student life in Amsterdam. Of course I want to work hard but I also want to party sometimes with like-minded people Any Brits out there that can help paint a picture of student life perhaps compared to the usual British unis??? Thanks!
Original post by jimmybonds007
I am in the UK (lived here all my life) and studying for my A' levels and my my mum (who is Dutch) is 'pushing' me to apply. One of my main reasons for uni (like many) is student life like freshers week etc etc. I know what I'm getting with Bristol, Exeter, Birmingham, Leeds etc but no idea on the cultural/student life in Amsterdam. Of course I want to work hard but I also want to party sometimes with like-minded people Any Brits out there that can help paint a picture of student life perhaps compared to the usual British unis??? Thanks!

I would imagine it's relatively similar (see here: https://www.hollandisc.com/holland-international-study-centre/student-life). I nearly went to Leiden myself and from what I understand, it's quite similar, if a bit more laid back. There are quite a few good vlogs on YouTube that I'd recommend looking at.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending