The Student Room Group

Leiden University - struggling with housing

Hi everyone, I'm due to go on a year abroad in September at Leiden University for law.
I'm really struggling to find any housing, of which I applied as early as I really could. The University cannot offer me a flat as they've ran out of any that they can give.
Any flats that I do find are only renting from January, or are extremely expensive, or want me to rent for over a year. The amount of scams are crazy, luckily I'm wary of these but it's only making the search more difficult.
I'm looking to rent somewhere which will house at least 2 people, as my friend is also going, but I haven't ruled out a single bed flat either. I'm also willing to commute.

As you can imagine, with 1 month to go, I am really beginning to panic. The one flat we have found will give us a response by the end of this week, of which the landlady has said that the other interested party are wanting to rent for longer - so it's pretty obvious that we won't get it. After that, my friend is just going to continue on with her final year at our university instead.

My option is to go for a gap year instead and gain work experience, and try somehow to defer my year abroad.
I'm really worrying, therefore if anyone has any advice of good sites to go on, good Facebook pages, things to watch out for - that would be immensely appreciated!

Thanks for reading!
Reply 1
Hi did you defer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending