Personal statements

How to make your personal statement amazing

Getting your UCAS personal statement right isn't easy, but it is essential. On The Student Room, we've got stacks of help and advice to get you sorted. 

There are hundreds of real personal statements that you can use as inspiration. There's advice from universities, who describe what they're actually looking for. And our personal statement builder tool will take you through the process, step by step.

Explore this page to find what you need - or get started with our 10 steps to writing an exceptional personal statement.

UCAS personal statement examples

Personal statements by course

Personal statement library

Read through our collection of hundreds of real personal statements. Use the drop-down list to the left to find the course you're planning to apply for. If you can't find your course in the list, you can see our full library of personal statements.

Helping hand
Once you're ready to write your own, our personal statement builder tool can help you get past any issues with writer's block.

You can also get personal statement advice on the forums, where our experts can help with any questions you may have, as well as providing a free review of your personal statement.

UCAS personal statement examples

Personal statement examples

Read through our collection of hundreds of real personal statements. Use the drop-down list above to find the course you're planning to apply for. If you can't find your course in the list, you can see our full library of personal statements.

Helping hand

Advice on writing your personal statement

What to put in a personal statement when you think you have nothing to say

Writer's block sucks - especially when it's getting in the way of you sending off your UCAS application. Here's how to beat it. Read more >>

More personal statement advice

More personal statement advice

Personal statement advice by course

Personal statement library: full list