The Student Room Group

Will I get into A-Level Psychology?

Hi guys,
I have just passed my GCSEs, and achieved a grade 5 each in higher tier (Separate/Triple) Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Im not very good at GCSE maths, but am pretty capable of doing statistics, averages, medians etc, just not angles and algebra haha. I took Foundation Maths and got a grade 4.

I got a 8 and 9 in both English Literature and Language, which easily gets me into A-Level English, which I want to do! (along with a dissertation EPQ)

I also got an 8 in art, which im also taking for a-level, but I really want to take psychology, however, in my school the requirements are a grade 5 in science, 5 in English and a 5 in maths, all of which I got except the maths 🥲

Do you think they will still let me in? I took psychology in year 9 and managed well, although Its probably not at all similar hahah.

So, I was just wondering if anyone else had any similar experiences of getting into A-level without the required grade :biggrin:
Thanks!!!

TLDR:
I got a grade 4 in maths, but need a 5 for a-level psychology, could I get in?
Original post by katieb005
Hi guys,
I have just passed my GCSEs, and achieved a grade 5 each in higher tier (Separate/Triple) Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Im not very good at GCSE maths, but am pretty capable of doing statistics, averages, medians etc, just not angles and algebra haha. I took Foundation Maths and got a grade 4.

I got a 8 and 9 in both English Literature and Language, which easily gets me into A-Level English, which I want to do! (along with a dissertation EPQ)

I also got an 8 in art, which im also taking for a-level, but I really want to take psychology, however, in my school the requirements are a grade 5 in science, 5 in English and a 5 in maths, all of which I got except the maths 🥲

Do you think they will still let me in? I took psychology in year 9 and managed well, although Its probably not at all similar hahah.

So, I was just wondering if anyone else had any similar experiences of getting into A-level without the required grade :biggrin:
Thanks!!!

TLDR:

Resit GCSE Maths on Higher Tier and get an A this time, it can be done with exam practice. :wink:
Reply 2
hahahahha, I wish :')
Original post by thegeek888
Resit GCSE Maths on Higher Tier and get an A this time, it can be done with exam practice. :wink:
hahahahha, I wish :')

I can send you all the past papers, mark schemes and reports with model answers. As I already have to 100s of candidates I mentored and tutored.
Hi guys,

Thanks!!!

TLDR:

For my sixth form college they are doing a day where you tell then your results and then confirm ypur subjects.Mine said that ifnyou dont meet the requirements they will just talk to you to make sure you could handle going up in alevels.But obviously this is mine so it might be difficult.Im sure if you phone the sixth form up and explain that you are willing to work hard then they will let you
Hi guys,

Thanks!!!

TLDR:

just talk to them a 9 and 8 in english is really good, so i think if you just talk to them they will let you take it.
Reply 6
Thanks!!
Original post by heyidontknowwhat
For my sixth form college they are doing a day where you tell then your results and then confirm ypur subjects.Mine said that ifnyou dont meet the requirements they will just talk to you to make sure you could handle going up in alevels.But obviously this is mine so it might be difficult.Im sure if you phone the sixth form up and explain that you are willing to work hard then they will let you
Reply 7
thank
you!!

Original post by springcelti
just talk to them a 9 and 8 in english is really good, so i think if you just talk to them they will let you take it.
Reply 8
Hi guys,

Thanks!!!

TLDR:

very similar situation… did you get in? 🤞

Quick Reply

Latest