The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Chances to get into Royal Holloway?

Hi!
I wanna put down Royal Holloway by my 2024 choice for Psychology but I'm a bit worried I won't be able to get in and it'll be a waste of my time

I'm currently doing sociology A-level, Film Studies A-level and Criminology lvl 3 diploma (a level equivalent) I'm predicted AAA and I'm hoping to get that to A*AA but idk for sure!

For GCSE's I passed everything but only got 5's for English and 6 for maths which I'm not sure Holloway will like

As for extra-curricular stuff Ive done some charity work with the library, I've done a seminar on psychology to my peers and am a head girl and have a couple other things that are mostly school related

Please can someone give me an honest assessment on whether it is worth me applying since I'm not doing a STEM subject or psychology A-level (the class was full so I couldn't do it at a level)
Hi, I am a student at Rhul (or will be in 3 days), the requirements for psychology are A Levels: AAA-AAB, with preferred subjects as A Levels: Psychology, Biology, Human Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics or Statistics. Your GCSE grades are fine, however, the requirements are in a levels, so, I don't know if a level 3 diploma will be permitted. However, It would probably be worth contacting the admissions team in advance:
Admissions office: +44 (0)1784 414944
[email protected]
https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/applicationquery

Probably best to do this asap, as i'm sure they are gonna get busy when ucas applications start again.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by PectoralFly
Hi, I am a student at Rhul (or will be in 3 days), the requirements for psychology are A Levels: AAA-AAB, with preferred subjects as A Levels: Psychology, Biology, Human Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics or Statistics. Your GCSE grades are fine, however, the requirements are in a levels, so, I don't know if a level 3 diploma will be permitted. However, It would probably be worth contacting the admissions team in advance:
Admissions office: +44 (0)1784 414944
[email protected]
https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/applicationquery

Probably best to do this asap, as i'm sure they are gonna get busy when ucas applications start again.

I've sent an email to them, thanks :smile:
No problem, Hope all goes well for you
Original post by Anonymous #1
I've sent an email to them, thanks :smile:

I also do criminology, do they accept it ?
Reply 5
Yes they do!
Original post by Anonymous #1
Yes they do!

Thanks for replying so quickly :smile:
Do u do WJEC Eduqas Level 3 Applied Criminology?
Reply 7
Yes I do! Completely the applied certificate and currently doing the applied diploma
Though I believe you have to complete the diploma for the full A-level equivalent of UCAS points
Reply 8
Not sure if this response is too late but I had the same concern when applying to Royal Holloway for psychology last year as I didn't have a science A level either (I dropped biology and I couldn't switch to psychology as it clashed with English lit classes) but I was offered a place so it shouldn't be an issue.
Reply 9
Original post by lotts03
Not sure if this response is too late but I had the same concern when applying to Royal Holloway for psychology last year as I didn't have a science A level either (I dropped biology and I couldn't switch to psychology as it clashed with English lit classes) but I was offered a place so it shouldn't be an issue.

Thank you this did help my worries! I've applied on friday so fingers crossed I get an offer
Original post by lotts03

Hi there,

You can find more information about how to apply here: https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/studying-here/applying/ - you can also speak to a member of our Admissions team using this page.

We hope this helps and good luck!

Best wishes, Royal Holloway, University of London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending