The Student Room Group

The Official Year 13 Thread (2022-2023)

Hey everyone!

🌸We are officially halfway through our A Levels (or equivalent). For some, this will be the final year of education. So, it’s pretty exciting!!🌸

💚We have all come so far💚

🌟This is a judgemental-free, positive space. You can dump your worries here, bond with other year 13s, share your revision plans, motivate each other etc!🌟

🦋This year is going to be a very busy year, but I know we can smash it! :smile:🦋

☃️Here are some icebreaker questions☃️

1) Which subjects are you taking?
2) Are you enjoying them?
3) If you are doing/have done an EPQ, what topic is on?
4) What are your plans for after A Levels?
5) What do you personally want to achieve?
6) How are you feeling about year 13?

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
So, anyone got there UCAS application sorted out already ...?
Original post by McGinger

no not yet i mean i should start but i don't know where to begin it seems so stressful and daunting

yhhh kinda, the personal statement is what's killing me tho and choosing unis :/
1) BTEC Health and social care level 3 (A-level equivlant of 3 A levels)
2) Yes
3)No but coursework is a normal things when do you BTEC as you do more coursework than exams.
(BTEC students only sit 2 exams each year)
4) To go to university
5) To get distinctions on all my coursework and to get merit and distinctions on my exams
6) Good but feel a little bit stressed about personal statements and the whole UCAS application.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by simplyikrah
no not yet i mean i should start but i don't know where to begin it seems so stressful and daunting

Start by watching this very short film, then read the written guide mentioned at the end - very useful as it has examples of good and not-so-good Personal Statements : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF5-vnhZRx8
1). Law, and Sociology in a year.2). I love Law! Completely new to sociology so any advice would be appreciated so much.3). Not doing EPQ.4). After A-Levels I want to get an apprenticeship.5). I have a thing for putting too much pressure on myself so I would love to get an A in Law and A in Sociology. However, I am not going to put any unnecessary pressure on myself, so I would be ok with B's if it gets me where I want to be [entry requirements].6). I am so excited but really nervous to meet new people and to be able to manage both life and college.
Have you been on the Uni Compare website? This helped me get some ideas on the type of "fancy" language you could use. you can go on the Uni Compare website and go to 'Statements' and they are there!
Original post by anonymous0222
yhhh kinda, the personal statement is what's killing me tho and choosing unis :/

I’m still sorting out my personal statement
Original post by anonymous0222

Same
Reply 10
1) sociology, geography and English Lit
2) yes I like the subjects but it's a lot of work and the exam questions are difficult especially for geo
3) not doing EPQ
4) to go to uni to study Law
5) I would love to get all As but I get really nervous and I stress myself out a lot. As long as I get Bs and above I'll be happy
6) scared for year 13. I get so overwhelmed with everything I have to do and really nervous for a levels because I don't understand how I'm meant to know everything when there's so much to learn 😭
Original post by sciencegcsesss
Hey everyone!

🌸We are officially halfway through our A Levels (or equivalent). For some, this will be the final year of education. So, it’s pretty exciting!!🌸

🌟This is a judgemental-free, positive space. You can dump your worries here, bond with other year 13s, share your revision plans, motivate each other etc!🌟

🦋This year is going to be a very busy year, but I know we can smash it! :smile:🦋

1) Biology, psychology and sociology
2) yes
3) I didn't do EPQ
4) I want to study biomedical science at uni and then become a full time researcher
5) I want to do well academically so that I can become an all rounded researcher and help people through my research.
6) I'm excited but also quite worried about the exams 😅

I've done everything else except finishing my personal statement
1. Criminology, Business, IT
2. Criminology: Kinda, sometimes its a bit boring, but i like the internal and external forms of assessment
Business: Again, Kinda, it is quite boring though
IT: Favourite by far, it can get hard at times, but its a great subject, teachers are great too
3. Dont do EPQ
4. After a-levels, plan on doing a degree apprenticeship, hopefully in marketing
5. personally want to run my own business, even if its small, id love to run my own business
6. thankful its my last year...
Hi! I'm DP4300 and in year 13
A levels - Chemistry, maths and geography
Chemistry is the most interesting but also the hardest!
I want to study chemistry at university
I'm hoping for high predicted grades and acing a level exams
(edited 1 year ago)
1) A Level Biology, Chemistry, Maths
2) Yes apart from Mechanics in Maths
3) N/A
4) Medicine / gap year
5) At least AAA hopefully A*A*A
6) My goal is to be more productive this year
1) Bio, chem and psych
2) The actual content yes for the most part
3) n/a
4) Medicine hopefully
5) Getting a place at uni for next year. Also want to pass my Taekwon-do black belt grading this year. Achieving AAA grades
6) Terrified
Pretty similar answers to me haha. Don't be scared, there are many people in the same position as you and if you need someone to talk to then I'm available :smile:. Good luck for your medicine application and getting a black belt!
Hi everyone!

1) A-Levels: History, English and Maths
2) Are you enjoying them? Yes, they are all very enjoyable in their own way. Maths is probably the hardest, followed by English and History. I guess what makes English and History easier is that there is a coursework module which is 20% of my total grade.
4) What are your plans for after A Levels? Go to a top Russell Group uni.
5) What do you personally want to achieve? Go to Oxford to study PPE and then go into a career in Finance.
6) How are you feeling about year 13? I'm very positive. I've never had this sort of motivation and discipline going into an academic year, partly because there isn't the pressure involved with the whole application process. Hopefully, I can keep up the momentum and come out of year 13 with a smile on my face and head off to somewhere I want to go.
Original post by sciencegcsesss
Hey everyone!

1) A-Level Bio, Chem and DT
2) DT and Bio yes Chem nope
3)not doing epq too stressful for me
4) a lot of things
5) so not ready

Quick Reply

Latest