The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Official University of Manchester 2023 Undergraduate Applicants thread

'ello. This is the main discussion thread for applicants to the Uni of Manchester looking to start in 2023. Chat to other applicants, find out which courses are giving out offers, all that.

To get things started:
1 - What course are you applying for?
2 - Why Manchester?
3 - What A-levels (or equivalent) are you taking?
4 - Which other unis are you applying for?

Hub for all uni applicants' threads: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7253776

Tracking form and spreadsheet:

Fill in the form at: https://forms.gle/pwU2t7GYw5dzUm6k8
View responses at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wMkLVfD_IsbqYQUlLAiOm8Brww5Sa4nYdUMbpM6egzs/edit?usp=sharing

Note: The forms and documents in this thread are not managed or operated by The Student Room, and are set up by members of the community. Please do take this into account when entering your details into this form. All data you share is at your own risk. If you have any questions, please come and talk to the mods in Ask The Community Staff.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/help/staying-safe-on-the-student-room
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sinnoh
'ello. This is the main discussion thread for applicants to the Uni of Manchester looking to start in 2023. Chat to other applicants, find out which courses are giving out offers, all that.

To get things started:
2 - Why Manchester?

Hub for all uni applicants' threads: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7253776

Hey all!!!
I'm applying for Politics and International Relations, and the reason why I'm applying for Manchester is because the course content is really interesting to me, it's high reputation and that it's really far from home (so I finally get a taste of independence).
I did the IB (I'm currently taking a year out), and did English Literature, History and Global Politics at Higher Level and Spanish ab Initio, Biology and Maths at Standard Level.
I haven't quite decided yet (we all still have time lol) but so far I'm also considering King's, SOAS and Bristol. There are a few more unis which I'm still a little unsure about (York, Bath, Nottingham, for example) but that would be for me to read into what those unis have to offer.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
What course are you applying for?
-Audiology

Why Manchester?
-Really diverse, love the city, good rankings etc

What A-levels (or equivalent) are you taking?
BTEC Extended Diploma in Applied Science

Which other unis are you applying for?
MMU, UCL, Leeds, Southampton
1 - Bsc Economics
2 - Renowned business school, huge city with good night life, far from home, exact course I'm looking to study (modules wise)
3 - (Scottish Advanced Highers) Maths, history & economics
4 - St Andrews, Leeds, Newcastle & Strathclyde
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 4
Course:Bsc Economics
Why Manchester:Their course content looks really interesting and it has quite a good reputation
A levels:Maths, economics, chemistry AS further maths
Other unis:
Durham, Nottingham, Bristol, Southampton
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Sinnoh

To get things started:
2 - Why Manchester?

History
Heard it's diverse, a great city
IB: History, Eco, Lang lit at HL, Math, spanish, ESS SL
Uni of birmingham, Leeds, Cardiff, Goldsmiths, Bristol
Reply 6
Hello.

I'm applying for Mechanical engineering with a year in industry. The other universities on my list are Bristol, Bath, Sheffield, Nottingham, and Leicester. The list could change at any time. I'm taking A level Maths and an Access to Engineering course.

Manchester's on the list because I really love the modules, the facilities they have and the city. I've been to the school and it's just amazing. I'm not sure how they view Access to Engineering students, though.
Reply 7
1 - What course are you applying for? Biomed
2 - Why Manchester? I've heard the city is quite nice; their biomed course seems quite good
3 - What A-levels (or equivalent) are you taking? IB HL: Biology, Chemistry, Math AI SL: Chinese B, Geography, English Lang Lit
4 - Which other unis are you applying for? UCL, Warwick, Manchester, Edinburgh, Southampton
Original post by Sinnoh

To get things started:
2 - Why Manchester?

1. Econ and Politics
2. Man U fan and love the Uni from the TV show Fresh Meat. Also I like the city and the Uni is good.
3. Maths, Econ, Politics
4. Oxford, LSE, Kings, Bristol

I received a contextual offer from Manchester today for AAA
Original post by yhhscience
1. Econ and Politics
2. Man U fan and love the Uni from the TV show Fresh Meat. Also I like the city and the Uni is good.
3. Maths, Econ, Politics
4. Oxford, LSE, Kings, Bristol

I received a contextual offer from Manchester today for AAA

Received an offer today as well to study maths.
A*AA

Applying to Oxford, UCL, Bristol and Warwick as well
Original post by DeepBurnt4
Received an offer today as well to study maths.
A*AA

Applying to Oxford, UCL, Bristol and Warwick as well

hey, when dod you submit your application??
Original post by Anonymous

Not sure about when they did, but I submitted mine on the 13th and got an offer on the 17th
Original post by Sinnoh

To get things started:
2 - Why Manchester?

What course are you applying for? Biology
What A-levels (or equivalent) are you taking? Biology, chemistry and geography
Which other unis are you applying for? Oxford, Bristol, Warwick, Birmingham
Has anyone (early entry) received any offers yet?
Reply 13
I sent mine on 10th October, received offer on 17th October for Economics and Finance.
Original post by Anonymous

I recieved the offer Sunday night and applied on friday the 14th
Reply 15
Applied for Maths & Stats. International student.

Applied for similar courses at KCL, Warwick, LSE, Edinburgh

Amazing that some received offers so fast
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Sinnoh

To get things started:
2 - Why Manchester?

1. Molecular biology with a year in industry :smile:
2. such a flexible course I love it
3. bio chem french german!
4. sheffield, leeds, leicester and newcastle
Hi! I received an offer for ancient history on the 15th with achieved grades A*A*A. Applied on the 3rd October. Also received offers from Bristol and Liverpool and waiting for Edinburgh and Glasgow. Good luck everyone!
Original post by fruitsandbarley
Hey all!!!
I'm applying for Politics and International Relations, and the reason why I'm applying for Manchester is because the course content is really interesting to me, it's high reputation and that it's really far from home (so I finally get a taste of independence).
I did the IB (I'm currently taking a year out), and did English Literature, History and Global Politics at Higher Level and Spanish ab Initio, Biology and Maths at Standard Level.
I haven't quite decided yet (we all still have time lol) but so far I'm also considering King's, SOAS and Bristol. There are a few more unis which I'm still a little unsure about (York, Bath, Nottingham, for example) but that would be for me to read into what those unis have to offer.

omg hey , I'm interested in studying pol and ir at the uni of manchester and the course looks so interesting but the only thing that is putting me off is the accommodation situation. I study politics, sociology and religious studies at A levels .
Original post by hayleyy2
omg hey , I'm interested in studying pol and ir at the uni of manchester and the course looks so interesting but the only thing that is putting me off is the accommodation situation. I study politics, sociology and religious studies at A levels .

Oh Nice! If we both get in i hope to see you there! Where else have you applied to?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending