The Student Room Group

Japanese at Cambridge

Hey everyone, just got a quick question for anyone that knows it thanks :smile:

I've applied for Cambridge to do Japanese, and I was wondering if anyone knows if the interviews consist of testing your Japanese abilities (if you have stated that you know some of the language).

That's all really :smile: Been bugging me a bit and wanted to find out if anyone knows ^^ Thanks
Reply 1
I expect they wouldn't, because most applicants won't have studied the language before and so it wouldn't be a fair way of comparing candidates. They may talk about literature you've read and films you've seen, so if you read/watch anything in Japanese, you could mention that. Don't take my word for it though - I could be wrong, since I'm not applying for Japanese. :smile:
My interview wasn't about language, but about history... and analysing an article which seemed slightly philosophical XD
Reply 3
20-11-2008 00:15
lovers in japan Re: Japanese at Cambridge

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My interview wasn't about language, but about history... and analysing an article which seemed slightly philosophical XD

Was this for Japanese? And did they ask you about history (of Japan?) because you did it at A-level or because you expressed interest in it? Or was it completely random? And did they warn you about the article thing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending