The Student Room Group

Modern Languages Applicants 2023

Hi guys! Thought I'd start a thread for languages applicants. So we can all find people applying to the same university, or the same course, and ask questions + advice.

We can start by listing our subject choices and university choices!

Scroll to see replies

I'm applying for German and Spanish at Cambridge, Manchester, Warwick, York and Durham!
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi!
I've applied for French and Beginner's Russian at Oxford, St. Andrews, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Manchester.
Hi! I’m applying for French and German at Bristol, Exeter, UCL, Durham and Manchester
I'm also applying for Spanish and German at Cambridge and Durham! (As well as Southampton, Bath and Exeter)
Original post by Rebeccabardugo
I'm applying for German and Spanish at Cambridge, Manchester, Warwick, York and Durham!
Original post by Eloisems
I'm also applying for Spanish and German at Cambridge and Durham! (As well as Southampton, Bath and Exeter)

Haha that's so cool!! Which Cambridge college?
Original post by mercyawc
Hi!
I've applied for French and Beginner's Russian at Oxford, St. Andrews, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Manchester.

ooo thats such a cool language combo!
Hi guys! Thought I'd start a thread for languages applicants. So we can all find people applying to the same university, or the same course, and ask questions + advice.

Hi! I’m applying for:
Modern Languages, Translation and Interpretation at Newcastle,
French and German at Manchester (got an interview)
MML at Cambridge
Modern Languages and Translation at Cardiff
Spanish and German at Edinburgh
Just to note Spanish/French is beginners :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Was a difficult choice but I ended up picking Fitzwilliam! How about you?
Haha that's so cool!! Which Cambridge college?

I did a Russian summer school at Fitz this year; absolutely lovely college and excellent food. It's the right distance from Cambridge centre to avoid all the tourists, but not super remote. You're really well-placed if you study there!
Oo that's great to know thanks! Location was definitely one of the things that drew me to the college. Did you end up applying to Fitz or somewhere else?
Original post by BarnabyK
I did a Russian summer school at Fitz this year; absolutely lovely college and excellent food. It's the right distance from Cambridge centre to avoid all the tourists, but not super remote. You're really well-placed if you study there!
Oo that's great to know thanks! Location was definitely one of the things that drew me to the college. Did you end up applying to Fitz or somewhere else?

I was already set on Oxford before I went to Cambridge. However, I would have no qualms about applying there. It's lovely. It's just that the MFL course at Oxford was more my style.

oooo nice choice, I went with Selwyn!

I've applied for Beginners' Italian and Spanish at Oxford and Politics and Spanish at Cardiff, Leeds, Southampton and Sheffiled
Original post by hdavies005
I've applied for Beginners' Italian and Spanish at Oxford and Politics and Spanish at Cardiff, Leeds, Southampton and Sheffiled

Great! Which college did you apply for at Oxford?
oooo nice choice, I went with Selwyn!

As a current MML student here I can assure you Selwyn is the best college :wink: I might be a bit biased though
How's everyone doing? Has anyone got any more offers?
How's everyone doing? Has anyone got any more offers?

i have offers from cardiff, manchester, and newcastle! awaiting response from cambridge and edinburgh :smile: newcastle is my top choice tbh so i’m happy!
Original post by eleanor.sarah
i have offers from cardiff, manchester, and newcastle! awaiting response from cambridge and edinburgh :smile: newcastle is my top choice tbh so i’m happy!

Yayy! Congratulations, and good luck with the others!!
hi,

I've applied for Spanish and beginners' German

Had offers from Durham, York, and St Andrew's
Waiting for Cambridge and Edinburgh
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending