The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Japanese studies/ linguistics at Newcastle

Is anyone talking Japanese studies/ Linguistics with Japanese at newcastle this september? im kinda so i was wondering if theres anyone else applying? How did you get into japanese? do you know any japanese/ taking the gsce or a level? why newcastle? Lets get to know eachother!
Reply 1
Original post by xuni
Is anyone talking Japanese studies/ Linguistics with Japanese at newcastle this september? im kinda so i was wondering if theres anyone else applying? How did you get into japanese? do you know any japanese/ taking the gsce or a level? why newcastle? Lets get to know eachother!

Hey I’m doing the Linguistics with Chinese or Japanese in September, obviously you posted a while back so hopefully you got the grades you need but I’m planning on teaching abroad as I’m already a qualified TA and I have a TEFL so I’m geared up for teaching but I really have always been into languages and love learning about how they work so I’m just looking forward to all aspects of the course :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
hii ! im studying japanese in september ! honestly i grew up surrounded by japanese tv and shows from my mom and my cousin and ive always had a huge fascination with japanese culture . what about you ?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
hii ! im studying japanese in september ! honestly i grew up surrounded by japanese tv and shows from my mom and my cousin and ive always had a huge fascination with japanese culture . what about you ?

Definitely something I picked up more in my teens though I think the history and modern culture fascinates me to no end, are you doing linguistics + Japanese or just Japanese?
im doing just japanese ! im taking the 4 year course with the year abroad which im so excited for , what about u
Reply 5
im doing just japanese ! im taking the 4 year course with the year abroad which im so excited for , what about u

Yeah I get to do the year abroad in my 3rd year too, I’m doing the 4 year one too. Super excited
hi. i am doing japanese too.

Nice. May i ask which university??
Congrats all for your offers :smile:

You might find some of the information in the below thread about year abroad destination unis in Japan by @Quick-use a graduate from the Japanese course at Edinburgh, quite helpful!

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6701470

Post 2 and post 10 particularly have a lot of info (including about what you might want to look to avoid for the year abroad options!)
Reply 9
Original post by KenKaneki20
Nice. May i ask which university??

As in which Uni in Japan to study at? I’m not sure yet I’ll have to learn more about it in our second year as we speak plan for it
Original post by Ctaru
As in which Uni in Japan to study at? I’m not sure yet I’ll have to learn more about it in our second year as we speak plan for it

sorry i was meant to say at which uni in uk are you studying japanese studies.
Reply 11
Original post by KenKaneki20
sorry i was meant to say at which uni in uk are you studying japanese studies.

I’m studying at Newcastle University, what about you?
Original post by Ctaru

ah cool. im studying at sheffield university.
Original post by Ctaru

honestly im not sure but i really wanna go to the neighbouring school in osaka but i still need to get more info on all of them , how about u
Original post by Ctaru

Hi what year are you in? I'm first year Q1T4 :smile: starting this September
Reply 15
Original post by kumorikarma
Hi what year are you in? I'm first year Q1T4 :smile: starting this September

Yeah man me too! I’m in Q1T4 as well!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending