The Student Room Group

Student finance not paying the full amount for tuition or maintenance

Recently I've found out I've failed a module so I have to retake this alongside my third year modules. However when I have gone to enrol again for this year it has only shown the price of the module I'm retaking and not the other modules I should be taking too. To top this off I haven't been paid even half of the money required for the failed module and nowhere near enough to continue with the other modules for this academic year, I have also received a lot less maintenance loan too. I'm sure that I have completed all actions for my application but they never contacted my guarantor to ask about household income or nothing so I'm wondering if that is the problem. I've tried to contact both the uni and student finance but to no avail, I'm really worried because if I don't get the money I will have to drop out and leave my accommodation.
Re the maintenance loan issue, it will be less in your final year than in earlier years, anyway, because there is no expectation that the money needs to cover the period after your year finishes.

Is it possible that your guarantor has missed the email asking them to confirm their income details for the coming year's loan?

I'm not sure what you mean about not having been given enough to pay for modules, though, as undergraduate fees are paid directly to the university, not to the student?
Reply 2
Original post by Isinglass
Re the maintenance loan issue, it will be less in your final year than in earlier years, anyway, because there is no expectation that the money needs to cover the period after your year finishes.

Is it possible that your guarantor has missed the email asking them to confirm their income details for the coming year's loan?

I'm not sure what you mean about not having been given enough to pay for modules, though, as undergraduate fees are paid directly to the university, not to the student?

It isn't my final year so that's why there is confusion.
They definitely didn't miss an email and we have tried to contact student finance about this and gotten nowhere.
Yeah but you get sent a letter telling you how much tuition will be paid to the uni and how much maintenance will be paid to you and they haven't even covered half of the module I have failed and there is also a matter of how I'm supposed to cover the rest of the academic year with only 1 grand for tuition.
I'm genuinely lost now on how to solve this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending