The Student Room Group

Help with cameras!

I went on a drive in London tonight for the first time in ages and it might be very expensive, and it's sh1t because I worked extra hours this month to try and get extra money and now TfL are gonna take probably eighty quid.

Bus lane here
https://www.google.com/maps/@51.515185,0.0074492,3a,76.8y,197.29h,90.37t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1savRwjbCVNEEyPRQf4eNRUg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

I don't know how I didn't see the sine, I think I did but I thought the lane was further up, the line was very faded.

Further along the A12, I'm doing 40-42 in a 40. The speedo says 42 so I must be doing 40 and suddenly there's a big flash behind me. I've looked at my dashcam and every speed camera is visible (speedcurb yellow on a black pole) , and i don't get flashed by those. I can't see any hidden ones either. I looked at the dashcam and i see a lot of bright beams on cars on the opposite carriageway, could it be that or a car behind me? £80 is bad enough it will be even worse if its another £80 for an awareness course or even still a £100 fine and 3 points

EDIT: here's a link to the section I think I got "flashed", perhaps by a motorist as the lights appear dazzling on the other side. Please excluse the hugely chaotic music at the time. My bluetooth adapter frequency got hijacked by some pirate radio station. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TEukkgnEqJ...iew?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cVspqA0b9J...iew?usp=sharing
(edited 1 year ago)
You will get a ticket for the bus lane camera. No doubt about that.

You said you got flashed by a speed camera. If the speed zone is 40. The camera has a tolerance of 40kg + 4mph. It wouldn’t have flashed til 45mph. You were going faster than 44mph or it was another car driving past quickly. Either way don’t worry about things you can’t control now. The chances are you will probably get £80 bus ticket.
Original post by MyNameIsAiyan
You will get a ticket for the bus lane camera. No doubt about that.

You said you got flashed by a speed camera. If the speed zone is 40. The camera has a tolerance of 40kg + 4mph. It wouldn’t have flashed til 45mph. You were going faster than 44mph or it was another car driving past quickly. Either way don’t worry about things you can’t control now. The chances are you will probably get £80 bus ticket.

Well, actually you're wrong. its 10% + 2, so 46mph and no way i was doing that, so as discussed on another forum, i think it was lights of cars on the opposite side of the road or behind me.

I haven't had anything from TfL yet. Maybe i got lucky, but still got a while til 14 days expires. Seems ludicrously high considering i did absolutely nothing to hinder the operation of london's bus network.

Can I argue that the lines in the road had severely faded, and there were too many signs which caused confusion and lack of awareness as to where the bus lane actually started?
Reply 3
Original post by username4528716
Well, actually you're wrong. its 10% + 2, so 46mph and no way i was doing that, so as discussed on another forum, i think it was lights of cars on the opposite side of the road or behind me.

I haven't had anything from TfL yet. Maybe i got lucky, but still got a while til 14 days expires. Seems ludicrously high considering i did absolutely nothing to hinder the operation of london's bus network.

Can I argue that the lines in the road had severely faded, and there were too many signs which caused confusion and lack of awareness as to where the bus lane actually started?

did you ever end up getting this fine? Similair thing just happened to me today

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending