The Student Room Group

Average speed camera's

Does anyone know if these camera's look like they could be part of this average speed check zone. The road in question is a 1 mile 40mph section there is a lot of yellow camera's dotted all along which seem to be the actual camera's. However I noticed these cameras at the edge of the 40mph zone. One of which is pointing into the 50mph zone. The 50mph zone is not official an average speed check but this camera seems to be pointing into it. These are the only two cameras of that kind on this road. I was under the 40 limit in the 40 zone but when I hit the 50, I started accelerating up to 50 however someone flashing their headlights in the opposite direction took my attention and by the time I looked at my speedo I was doing 56, I quickly braked to get down to 50. But I guess I should be alright as this 50 zone is not included in the average speed check zone.
anpr.jpg
Reply 1
Original post by lowRocketry
Does anyone know if these camera's look like they could be part of this average speed check zone. The road in question is a 1 mile 40mph section there is a lot of yellow camera's dotted all along which seem to be the actual camera's. However I noticed these cameras at the edge of the 40mph zone. One of which is pointing into the 50mph zone. The 50mph zone is not official an average speed check but this camera seems to be pointing into it. These are the only two cameras of that kind on this road. I was under the 40 limit in the 40 zone but when I hit the 50, I started accelerating up to 50 however someone flashing their headlights in the opposite direction took my attention and by the time I looked at my speedo I was doing 56, I quickly braked to get down to 50. But I guess I should be alright as this 50 zone is not included in the average speed check zone.
anpr.jpg
anpr 2.jpg These are the other camera which are definitely the average speed check ones down the whole 40mph zone

Quick Reply

Latest