The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Kingston University Official Applicants Thread 2023

Please use this thread to post any questions you may have about applying to Kingston University this year! KU Student Ambassador reps are monitoring replies and we will try our best to answer anything and everything - accommodation, courses, nightlife, student support... let us know if we can help!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello, I am a recent high school graduate and i'm struggling with what Kingston wants and where to start on my portfolio. Im hoping to apply for the Digital Media Technology course and I've been looking for an example for ages, I hope you can help I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Hi @VK1234 :biggrin: glad to hear you are thinking about Kingston! The Digital Media Technology course sounds so interesting

When you say high school graduate, do you mean you are currently choosing what to study at A Level? Or are you already studying for A Level?

There are several pathways onto the Digital Media Technology course including A Levels, T Levels or a BTEC extended diploma - it seems you would only need to provide a portfolio if you have not studied any relevant subjects (e.g. Art/Design, Media, Technology). You can find a typical offer for 2023 here!

If you'd like some more course specific info, you could order a prospectus here, or what I would recommend is getting in touch with KU via email - here is a link to all the ways to contact KU for undergrad enquiries. This will be the easiest way to get more course specific questions to the right department - although coming to an open day will also be great for that! If you are considering applying this year then I would strongly recommend coming along to an open day, so you can talk to people in the department. The next one is coming up on 22 April 2023 - you can book a place and find out more specific info here.

I hope this helps a bit! And hope to see you at Kingston soon :wink:
Daisy
Reply 3
Hi @Kinston Reps

When i said high school graduate i meant that i actually finished writing my A level exams last year and i got my results back a couple of days ago, because i am an international student and the school i went to made us write our CAmbridge exams in November, so i have finished high school now, and i'm just applying to Uni's.

Otherwise i was asking about the portfolio becuase i didnt study any of the required subjects so i was hoping to have my portfolio ready so that when i send in my application next week, i wont have to stress about the portfolio, since they will probably ask me for one.
But thank you for the help i really appreciate it
Original post by Kingston Reps
Hi @VK1234 :biggrin: glad to hear you are thinking about Kingston! The Digital Media Technology course sounds so interesting

When you say high school graduate, do you mean you are currently choosing what to study at A Level? Or are you already studying for A Level?

There are several pathways onto the Digital Media Technology course including A Levels, T Levels or a BTEC extended diploma - it seems you would only need to provide a portfolio if you have not studied any relevant subjects (e.g. Art/Design, Media, Technology). You can find a typical offer for 2023 here!

If you'd like some more course specific info, you could order a prospectus here, or what I would recommend is getting in touch with KU via email - here is a link to all the ways to contact KU for undergrad enquiries. This will be the easiest way to get more course specific questions to the right department - although coming to an open day will also be great for that! If you are considering applying this year then I would strongly recommend coming along to an open day, so you can talk to people in the department. The next one is coming up on 22 April 2023 - you can book a place and find out more specific info here.

I hope this helps a bit! And hope to see you at Kingston soon :wink:
Daisy
Reply 4
Hello, I'm interested in the aviation operations with commercial pilot training course, However i have a fear of being slightly under the required 96 ucas points, I went on the website and it has said in the alternate offers tab that engineering foundations years are considered. If I do the foundation year in engineering can i then go on to doing the aviation operations and commercial pilot training course if I don't hit 96 ucas points. I believe my predicted right now is at 92 ucas points so I'm 4 ucas points off.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 5
Hi, I am applying to Kingston art foundation and they have quite specific guidelines on the foundation portfolio requirements. I was wondering if there was any leeway in this and also whether we just upload images or we can upload slides explaining them/with multiple images on, thanks.

Please use this thread to post any questions you may have about applying to Kingston University this year! KU Student Ambassador reps are monitoring replies and we will try our best to answer anything and everything - accommodation, courses, nightlife, student support... let us know if we can help!!
Original post by m0rtha
Hi, I am applying to Kingston art foundation and they have quite specific guidelines on the foundation portfolio requirements. I was wondering if there was any leeway in this and also whether we just upload images or we can upload slides explaining them/with multiple images on, thanks.

Hi @m0rtha

I've reached out to try to get you a definite answer, will hopefully be able to get back to you soon!

In the meantime, I would highly recommend contacting the uni directly, the undergrad admissions team should be able to get the answer for you or put you in touch with the department

Please click here for the contact info

Thanks
Daisy
Original post by m0rtha

Hi @m0rtha

I have heard back from someone involved in running the Art Foundation course, and their advice is to follow the guidelines exactly, or at least as closely as you possibly can. It is a very competitive course; they only accept about 1/10 applicants so they are quite critical in their review of the applications.

Have you downloaded and read the PDF portfolio guidance document? It can be found on this page under "Entry Requirements > Portfolio Guidance".

Also just to mention that the deadline is the 1st February, in case you hadn't seen that!

Thanks!
Daisy
Where it says 10 images, does that mean 10 individual photos or does that mean 10 ‘slides’ that have multiple images on. If it is uploaded as 1 jpeg, that is a slide containing 4 images within the image, does that count as 1 image or 4?
Hi there, I've applied for Kingston Filmmaking course and have submitted my portfolio - I was just wondering when you get offers by as it is one of the only ones I'm waiting on

Hi! I am planning on joining the Kingston art and design foundation course in September 2023 (Knights park campus) and I am currently trying to figure out accommodation. Does anyone know which hall of residence would be the best? I think between Seething Wells, Middle mill and Clay Hill
Original post by ..Anonymous.
Hi! I am planning on joining the Kingston art and design foundation course in September 2023 (Knights park campus) and I am currently trying to figure out accommodation. Does anyone know which hall of residence would be the best? I think between Seething Wells, Middle mill and Clay Hill

Hi @..Anonymous.!

Whilst the 'best' hall of residence really comes down to personal preference, Seething Wells, Middle Mill and Clayhill are the closest and most convenient halls for students studying at Knight's Park. Whilst Middle Mill is admittedly the closest for KP students - only a 1-2 minute walk to lectures - some prefer to live further away if they enjoy a commute/want a larger separation between uni and where they live. However, after talking to some KP students, the majority would recommend Middle Mill the most - it's a relatively small hall with a good sense of community, lots of KSA students go there so there's a real sense of a creative atmosphere and it's close to Kingston town centre.

We've made a post breaking down the different halls at Kingston, so I'd highly recommend you check that out!
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7328040

All the best and if you've any more questions, feel free to get back to us,
- Eve (BA Fine Art and Art History)
(edited 1 year ago)
Has anyone else got an offer for Business Psychology?
Original post by tiredfrog
Has anyone else got an offer for Business Psychology?

i received an offer for business psychology with the foundation year..
Hello My tutor still did not submit my application that I had given him on the 25th of January do I still have a chance to be accepted For criminology course. Thank you

Hi, I've applied Msc Biomedical science in kingston university sep 2023 intake. I've got a conditional letter and uploaded all the documents mentioned in the offer ( means I've finished UG last year). But I still didn't get the unconditional offer. What do I do? P.S - I'm an international students and have lots of paperwork to get done yet.
Original post by Kay0710
Hi, I've applied Msc Biomedical science in kingston university sep 2023 intake. I've got a conditional letter and uploaded all the documents mentioned in the offer ( means I've finished UG last year). But I still didn't get the unconditional offer. What do I do? P.S - I'm an international students and have lots of paperwork to get done yet.

Hi @Kay0710!

Have you checked the status of your application on OSIS? Sometimes documents can take a while to process, meaning that it might take some time for your offer to change to unconditional status.

If you're in a rush in terms of sorting out documentation, I'd recommend emailing [email protected] for specific information on updating your offer.

- Eve.
Hi @Kay0710!

Have you checked the status of your application on OSIS? Sometimes documents can take a while to process, meaning that it might take some time for your offer to change to unconditional status.

If you're in a rush in terms of sorting out documentation, I'd recommend emailing [email protected] for specific information on updating your offer.

- Eve.

It's gonna been almost like a month since I uploaded my documents. I already mailed about the status but there is no reply mail yet.
Reply 18
does anyone know how lenient kingston are with grade requirements that are not met on result day? im soo scared im not going to get the grades for pharmacy and i dont know how lenient they are. also is the £200 advanced payment for accommodation that was payed refundable? like what happens if we dont go to the uni , will they give that £200 back? also is there any whatsapp group chats for kingston? ive been added to one and literally no one speaks on there so its a bit sad lol
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 19
If you don’t get the grades there is still a chance you will get in if you are not that far off - especially if it’s your firm choice. You’ll need to check UCAS on results day to see if they have lowered the grades and firmed up the offer. If you don’t get the grades and miss out on your place your £200 accommodation deposit will be returned to you. Good luck for results day!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending