The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Is Kingston University good for fashion?

I’m currently sending my final decisions, and I’ve chosen UCA as my firm choice because I absolutely loved it there, but the offer is conditional on me getting a merit or above. I’ve never gotten below a merit before so it’s pretty low risk, but I want to add an insurance choice just in case. However, all my other offers also have the same condition as UCA, except for Kingston, who gave me an unconditional offer. I didn’t really like Kingston on the open day as it was very badly organised in my opinion, but everyone makes mistakes and if it was just a one time thing that would be fine.

What I’m asking is: what are your experiences with Kingston University, particularly for fashion design? Are they good for autistic and disabled students? Are they well-organised? Is the campus nice? Is the food edible?
Hi @ya.boi.ollie

So sorry to hear about your experience with our open day! We have two upcoming offer holder days which you should be invited to and we would love you to come to give Kingston a second chance! The offer holder day I went to was the reason I chose this uni to study at and help me finalise my thoughts on the pros and cons of each uni.

I personally am so happy that I chose to come to Kingston. I am at the Kingston School of Art, like you would be, and really enjoy it here- finding it to be a really nice community with such good facilities on campus. The workshops at the KSA are amazing and such a benefit of joining the uni. Kingston and Surbiton as towns are also really nice areas to move to and have easy access into London, which would help with your course- It only takes 17 mins to get to Waterloo from Surbiton!

Fashion is our most competitive course at KSA. Students that get the chance to be on this course are given lots of opportunities for future employment and exciting briefs to work with companies and have support with lots of projects. My two close friends are on this course at Kingston in second year and say that it has given them a lot of new skills and useful connections. They really enjoy it and say that the tutors are super helpful with any issues or accessibility, as well as the student support the university offers. With organisation, they have said that the course runs smoothly but can sometimes be overwhelming with projects overlapping so personal organisation would be useful.

On the food side of things- we have recently just got a new catering team that make lots of eat in or takeaway options and are open from breakfast to lunch. I would recommend the Penrhyn Road main building cafeteria the most!

I really hope this helped and please let me know if you have any other questions!

-Yasmin (Kingston Rep)
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Original post by Kingston Reps
Hi @ya.boi.ollie
So sorry to hear about your experience with our open day! We have two upcoming offer holder days which you should be invited to and we would love you to come to give Kingston a second chance! The offer holder day I went to was the reason I chose this uni to study at and help me finalise my thoughts on the pros and cons of each uni.
I personally am so happy that I chose to come to Kingston. I am at the Kingston School of Art, like you would be, and really enjoy it here- finding it to be a really nice community with such good facilities on campus. The workshops at the KSA are amazing and such a benefit of joining the uni. Kingston and Surbiton as towns are also really nice areas to move to and have easy access into London, which would help with your course- It only takes 17 mins to get to Waterloo from Surbiton!
Fashion is our most competitive course at KSA. Students that get the chance to be on this course are given lots of opportunities for future employment and exciting briefs to work with companies and have support with lots of projects. My two close friends are on this course at Kingston in second year and say that it has given them a lot of new skills and useful connections. They really enjoy it and say that the tutors are super helpful with any issues or accessibility, as well as the student support the university offers. With organisation, they have said that the course runs smoothly but can sometimes be overwhelming with projects overlapping so personal organisation would be useful.
On the food side of things- we have recently just got a new catering team that make lots of eat in or takeaway options and are open from breakfast to lunch. I would recommend the Penrhyn Road main building cafeteria the most!
I really hope this helped and please let me know if you have any other questions!
-Yasmin (Kingston Rep)

do kingston give unconditional offer to everyone because the architecture applicants all got unconditional 🧐
Original post by Anonymous #1
do kingston give unconditional offer to everyone because the architecture applicants all got unconditional 🧐
I have no clue lol, I think it depends on the course because my other fashion student friend got unconditional as well
Original post by Anonymous #1
Not at all! Our unconditional offers are given out to those with great and promising portfolios and to people that the university is keen to have on their courses.

-Yasmin (Kingston Rep)
Original post by ya.boi.ollie
I’m currently sending my final decisions, and I’ve chosen UCA as my firm choice because I absolutely loved it there, but the offer is conditional on me getting a merit or above. I’ve never gotten below a merit before so it’s pretty low risk, but I want to add an insurance choice just in case. However, all my other offers also have the same condition as UCA, except for Kingston, who gave me an unconditional offer. I didn’t really like Kingston on the open day as it was very badly organised in my opinion, but everyone makes mistakes and if it was just a one time thing that would be fine.
What I’m asking is: what are your experiences with Kingston University, particularly for fashion design? Are they good for autistic and disabled students? Are they well-organised? Is the campus nice? Is the food edible?
Hi there @ya.boi.ollie ,
I am a 2nd year BA Fashion student here at Kingston!
Just jumping in to share to some of the blog posts I have written in the past regarding my experience in the 1st and 2nd year of the BA Fashion course! :smile: Hope this helps provide a bit more of a personal perspective on the course and do let me know if you have anymore questions!

Life as Fashion Student 1st year - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7313370
A Week in the life of Fashion Student 2nd Year - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7427535

Zhi En
(Kingston Student Rep.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending