The Student Room Group

Leiden University - IRO

Hi,

Could someone please confirm if Maths at A-level is a requirement to study International Relations and Organisations at Leiden University?

This is what is said on the website:
"The level of mathematics that we require is an equivalent to the level of mathematics at Dutch VWO level (pre-university education). The general rule is that you should have taken mathematics throughout your entire high school career, i.e. you must have had mathematics education until you graduated from school. Additionally, your curriculum must contain the areas of probability and statistics. The Admissions Office will check whether you meet the admissibility requirements by assessing whether your educational background in mathematics is equivalent to the Dutch VWO level. In some cases, an additional mathematics test may be required."
Hey ! I applied also to study IRO and if I am not mistaken it's not mandatory but they advise to take it in order to fully understand the module statistics. I've been admitted even though I followed maths as a specialty in 11th grade and not in 12th grade. Well I did a bit of maths but it was really basic. Btw I come from France.

Have a good day :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending