The Student Room Group

Job prospects with a 3rd class in Biomedical Science

What are the chances of someone getting a decent job with a 3rd class in Biomed? I know it will be hard but what kind of jobs will they be offered? I would appreciate everyones opinion about this.
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the likelihood of securing a decent job with a third class degree in biomedical science will vary depending on the individual's skillset, experience, and other factors. However, it is generally agreed that it will be more difficult to find employment with a third class degree than it would be with a higher classification. That said, it is still possible to find work in the biomedical science field with a third class degree, albeit in more entry-level or lower-paying positions.
Reply 2
Original post by Char_Aznable
What are the chances of someone getting a decent job with a 3rd class in Biomed? I know it will be hard but what kind of jobs will they be offered? I would appreciate everyones opinion about this.

I got a third class degree while doing a Zoology degree many years ago back in 1982.

My solution was to do an Open University degree in a related subject (Natural Sciences with Biology) for which I got a 2.1. I would have liked to have got a 1st and my course work would have been good enough for one but back then I was commuting and working full time and I had to write the numerous assignments (48!) using an automatic pencil rather than a computer.

That was my way out of this situation but it was a long one.

Doing a first degree at Birkbeck College, London University, might be another option if they do a subject that you are interested in but they may not let you redo similar courses to those which you have already done.

And/or you can work in IT which unlike say medicine, accountancy and law for some reason does not require people to have a second class degree, just "A" levels.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending