The Student Room Group

Scared of failing uni

So I’m in my first year of uni doing a biomedical engineering degree. However, I have no academic knowledge. I didn’t pass maths gcse and got a basic 4 for gcse combined science. I have to get this degree as I need it specifically to secure a job abroad. Is it possible that I can achieve AT LEAST 40 percent for each module to pass all 3 years. I know I shouldn’t be aiming for 40 percent but like I said, my academic knowledge is so bad so all I want is just a pass. Please can I be assured that its possible to 40 percent my way through the next 2.5 years
Reply 1
How did you get onto the course?
Original post by Aj764
So I’m in my first year of uni doing a biomedical engineering degree. However, I have no academic knowledge. I didn’t pass maths gcse and got a basic 4 for gcse combined science. I have to get this degree as I need it specifically to secure a job abroad. Is it possible that I can achieve AT LEAST 40 percent for each module to pass all 3 years. I know I shouldn’t be aiming for 40 percent but like I said, my academic knowledge is so bad so all I want is just a pass. Please can I be assured that its possible to 40 percent my way through the next 2.5 years

Hi @Aj764

A Guide to University Degree Classifications in the UK - Think Student If you look at this website you will see that achieving 40% would mean you pass with 3rd class honours. You will however need to speak to your university and check how they weight this as they may only include grades got in years 2 and 3.

If you feel like you're struggling please speak to your university and see whether they can provide you any extra help or support - that's what they are there for and usually they're more than willing to help. Also speak to people on your course or see if there's anyone in the year above that could help you and offer you some guidance too.

Hope this helps and gives you some reassurance, Ella (Lancaster University Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending