The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Official University of Essex 2023 Applicant Thread

Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Essex for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

Scroll to see replies

Hi!
I've applied for Liberal Arts.
Im studying History, Politics, Psychology, and an EPQ
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Hi! I’m applying for biological sciences (: currently on a gap year!
Hiya! I'm applying for Speech and Language Therapy. I am currently studying Psychology, Religious Studies and Health & Social care.
Hi ! I'm trying to apply for occupational therapy. I am currently studying Psychology, Biology and Geography. The requirements are quite high but hopefully I can get in :wink:
Hi I have applied to speech and language therapy and i am just wondering if anyone has had any interviews for this course? I have one soon and I'm really nervous. Any tips would be appreciated 🙂 thank you
Original post by Emmarogers93
Hi I have applied to speech and language therapy and i am just wondering if anyone has had any interviews for this course? I have one soon and I'm really nervous. Any tips would be appreciated 🙂 thank you

Hi @Emmarogers93! Amazing news to hear you have applied for us! We know the thought of interviews can be scary but please do not worry! We recommend that you come prepared with knowledge about the course, be ready to talk about any information you wrote in your application such as, any experience you may have, any questions you may have and finally to just be yourself :smile: Good Luck!! :h:

Best wishes,
Morgan (Official Essex Reps).
Original post by Dorisssss
Hi ! I'm trying to apply for occupational therapy. I am currently studying Psychology, Biology and Geography. The requirements are quite high but hopefully I can get in :wink:

Hello @Dorisssss!! What a great mixture of subjects! We wish you well in all your studies! Good Luck!! :smile::colondollar:

Best wishes,
Morgan (Official Essex Rep).
Original post by Gnomie__05
Hiya! I'm applying for Speech and Language Therapy. I am currently studying Psychology, Religious Studies and Health & Social care.

Hello @Gnomie__05! Amazing subjects! Do you have a favourite of the bunch? :h:

Best wishes,
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! I’m applying for biological sciences (: currently on a gap year!

Hello! What a great course to choose! Where are you currently on your gap year?:smile:

Best wishes,
Original post by ryanantony04
Hi!
I've applied for Liberal Arts.
Im studying History, Politics, Psychology, and an EPQ

Hello @ryanantony04! What an extraordinary range of courses! Do you have a favourite? :h:

Best wishes,
Hi 🙌
I applied to biomedical science, currently on a gap year :smile:
Original post by EssexOfficialRep
Hello @ryanantony04! What an extraordinary range of courses! Do you have a favourite? :h:

Best wishes,

Haha yeah! My favourite subject is politics!!
Hi

Does anyone know how long does it take to hear back from Essex uni as I applied around the 15th of December but I haven’t heard anything back yet?

Thank you
Original post by StrawberryDreams
Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Essex for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

Hi,

I've applied for BSc Physiotherapy starting October 2023.

Had my interview this week, and got an offer the next day. WOOHOO!!!

Know just to get my head down and pass my access course :smile:
Original post by lukesmith1987
Hi,

I've applied for BSc Physiotherapy starting October 2023.

Had my interview this week, and got an offer the next day. WOOHOO!!!

Know just to get my head down and pass my access course :smile:

Amazing news - congratulations!

What are you most looking forward to? :biggrin:

Good luck for your access course as well!
Original post by StrawberryDreams
Amazing news - congratulations!

What are you most looking forward to? :biggrin:

Good luck for your access course as well!

Looking forward to getting stuck into lectures, finding out more and learning how a physiotherapist works.

Currently work in healthcare and have done for 8 years now non-clinical, so am excited to step my foot into the clinical side of care :smile:
Looking forward to getting stuck into lectures, finding out more and learning how a physiotherapist works.

Currently work in healthcare and have done for 8 years now non-clinical, so am excited to step my foot into the clinical side of care :smile:

That sounds wonderful! Sounds like you are raring to go :biggrin:

That sounds lovely! You seem really eager to start studying:smartass:

I remember how excited I was when I just came to the Uni and sat in a huge lecture hall! It was an experience like nothing else before. Romanticising studying, attending lectures and reading in a library is definitely the way to go :wink:

Hope you will love it xx
Angela (Official Essex Rep)
Anyone applied to Msci to biomedical science 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending