Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
For undergraduate new students starting 2023

Yep, here's all the socials for Essex Freshers 2023 😎🍻

https://linktr.ee/EssexFreshers

Essex Student Rep - Hayley
Original post by EssexStudentRep
Hey @mimimoore

Congrats on your offer! What would you like to know about Essex? Have you been over to an open day or applicant day yet?

Best wishes,

HI,

I got BSc Physio also,

Roll on Welcome week :P
Original post by lukesmith1987
HI,

I got BSc Physio also,

Roll on Welcome week :P

Hey @lukesmith1987 👋

Welcome week is the best! Just turn up to everything and check out all the clubs and societies. Keep an eye out for all the freebies too 👀

Enjoy the rest of the summer holiday, we'll see you at the end of the month! 🥳

Hello House

Can anyone tell me Heathrow airport or Stanted airport is better for first timers to UK?
If I choose the airport facility by Essex University, is it available till the last time slot?
I have heard Heathrow airport takes time to clear immigration for first time arrivals, then what if I miss the time slot I choose from the University transport slot?
Please reply
Thanks
Hello House

Can anyone tell me Heathrow airport or Stanted airport is better for first timers to UK?
If I choose the airport facility by Essex University, is it available till the last time slot?
I have heard Heathrow airport takes time to clear immigration for first time arrivals, then what if I miss the time slot I choose from the University transport slot?
Please reply
Thanks

Hiya 👋

Which Essex campus will you be travelling to?

Stansted is closest to the Colchester Campus and is also closer to the Southend campus than Heathrow. Stansted is a smaller airport than Heathrow so might also be a bit easier to navigate.

Whichever you choose, I would recommend choosing a later transport time slot than you think you might need. There's always the possibility of flight delays, and queues when you arrive at passport control and baggage claim. Better to be early and wait for a little while at a coffee shop rather than panic that you might miss your connection!

Which country are you flying in from? Are you travelling on your own?

Safe travels! ✈️

Original post by EssexStudentRep
Hiya 👋

Which Essex campus will you be travelling to?

Stansted is closest to the Colchester Campus and is also closer to the Southend campus than Heathrow. Stansted is a smaller airport than Heathrow so might also be a bit easier to navigate.

Whichever you choose, I would recommend choosing a later transport time slot than you think you might need. There's always the possibility of flight delays, and queues when you arrive at passport control and baggage claim. Better to be early and wait for a little while at a coffee shop rather than panic that you might miss your connection!

Which country are you flying in from? Are you travelling on your own?

Safe travels! ✈️

Hello
Thanks for reply
I am joining Essex Colchester.
Yes I am travelling alone.
I am confused as from the Heathrow airport the university pickup is there which is easier than catching a cab or train.
But Stansted Airport is closer to university
I am travelling from Dubai.
Hello
Thanks for reply
I am joining Essex Colchester.
Yes I am travelling alone.
I am confused as from the Heathrow airport the university pickup is there which is easier than catching a cab or train.
But Stansted Airport is closer to university
I am travelling from Dubai.

Hello 😊

I know, it seems a bit confusing. You would need to decide what kind of journey you want to make after your long flight.

Heathrow
Pros:
- you are taken directly to the campus.
- you will be travelling with other Essex students so you can make some friends on the journey.

Cons:
- you need to make your way to Terminal 2 arrivals at least 20 minutes before coach transport departure time (need to research which terminal your flight lands).
- longer journey and more expensive transport (£66) than travel from Stansted.
- needs to be booked in advance.

Stansted
Pros:
- Shorter distance and cheaper travel fare. The X20 coach only costs £2
(the firstbus app is really useful to help you plan your journey if you chose to come from Stansted) https://www.firstbus.co.uk/essex/airlink/x20-colchester-stansted-airport
- if you miss your connection there would be more options to get to Colchester.

Cons:
- Your transport will not bring you directly to campus. A train from Stansted will include a change at London Liverpool Street to Colchester. A Coach/Bus or train will bring you to Colchester North Station which is about a 10 minute drive from campus and so another bus or a taxi would be needed to get you onto campus.

I hope this info helps!

Best wishes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending