The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Official University of Glasgow 2023 Applicant Thread

Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Glasgow for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

Scroll to see replies

Hi,

I'm thinking of applying for Glasgow's English Literature course. I've got most of the grades I need to apply but I'm also currently studying Adv English, Higher Classics and Higher Drama
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Hi! I’m applying for ancient history with achieved grades A*A*A and i’m currently taking another A Level in my gap year. Also applied to Manchester, Liverpool, and Bristol (received offers), and Edinburgh (still waiting for a response). Submitted on 3rd October. Good luck everyone!
Hello!

I'm currently doing an Access course at Uni of Glasgow.

https://www.gla.ac.uk/study/short/accesscourses/

I've applied for:
MA Film and Television studies
MA Creative Arts + Industries

I've also applied to GSA photography. My application is a bit of a mix! Uni of Glasgow is my first choice so fingers crossed!
(edited 1 year ago)
Hey!, I'm applying for electrical engineering and my current A levels are physics, maths and business :smile:
Hello! International student here!

I've applied to the MSc in Criminology & Criminal Justice and submitted my application on Oct. 21st.
Applied for MSc Psychology (Conversion) (Online - Distance Learning)
I’ve applied for business & i done my 5 highers last year!
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi. I am an international candidate. Applied for MSc Financial Technology.
Application submitted on October 21, 2022.
Got offer on October 31, 2022.
Hi I'm applying for MA geography
currently doing english literature, drama, religious studies and geography
For those of you considering Glasgow as your first choice what are your thoughts on the accomodation shortage? Are you worried about it or do you have a plan on what to do? Glasgow is my favourite university due to the course but my family are a bit worried about me potentially going into a scarce student flat market
Original post by DawnWings
For those of you considering Glasgow as your first choice what are your thoughts on the accomodation shortage? Are you worried about it or do you have a plan on what to do? Glasgow is my favourite university due to the course but my family are a bit worried about me potentially going into a scarce student flat market

I have a few options, as I'm from Edinburgh. If all else fails, I'd commute for a while, until I would get something sorted. I would potentially apply for a gap year, as it's being encouraged, I believe bc of the situation.
Hi everyone! I applied to veterinary medicine. I am an international applicant. Very excitied and still waiting for my SJT!!
Hey, I am just starting the UCAS application process now, thinking of applyin for journalism, media and social policy. I'm very curious about the Access course you're doing. I finished high school in Edinburgh this year but unfortunately, I don't think I have the grades to get into Uni of Glasgow. How come you are doing an access course? Is it difficult to do and how long is it? Roseanna :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi! I'm not sure if this was directed at me, but Uni of Glasgow and Uni of Edinburgh have Access courses you can apply for. You need to have been out of education for over 2 years I believe, other than that there are no entry requirements.
Original post by Roseanna.
Hey, I am just starting the UCAS application process now, thinking of applyin for journalism, media and social policy. I'm very curious about the Access course you're doing. I finished high school in Edinburgh this year but unfortunately, I don't think I have the grades to get into Uni of Glasgow. How come you are doing an access course? Is it difficult to do and how long is it? Roseanna :smile:
Original post by stayfrthcredits
Hi! I'm not sure if this was directed at me, but Uni of Glasgow and Uni of Edinburgh have Access courses you can apply for. You need to have been out of education for over 2 years I believe, other than that there are no entry requirements.

Hey, yes it was. Thanks. Ah ok, I might have to wait a few years then 🙈😂 do you know if there are any other ways of increasing your chances of getting in?
Was offered a spot in the MSc Psychology program yesterday! I had applied about a month ago. Good luck to everybody else still awaiting decisions!
Original post by amarty112
Was offered a spot in the MSc Psychology program yesterday! I had applied about a month ago. Good luck to everybody else still awaiting decisions!

They’re working on weekends?! That’s good news for us I suppose!
Original post by Roseanna.
Hey, yes it was. Thanks. Ah ok, I might have to wait a few years then 🙈😂 do you know if there are any other ways of increasing your chances of getting in?

Hey, I believe you can get into Glasgow’s access course if you either: live in an SMD20/40 postcode, are care experienced, have caring responsibilities and some more. I have caring responsibilities and I’m applying for the access course at 17.
Original post by adamc05
Hey, I believe you can get into Glasgow’s access course if you either: live in an SMD20/40 postcode, are care experienced, have caring responsibilities and some more. I have caring responsibilities and I’m applying for the access course at 17.

Ah ok, hmmm. I don't think I come under any of those. Thank you for that information :smile: Do you know if doing their summer camp will help increase chances of getting in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending