The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Official University of Hertfordshire 2023 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sseshell
I am currently deciding between UAL or the university of Hertfordshire, do you giving some insights on ual and what made you decide to change from ual to university of hertfordshire?

I actually don't study at UAL my college just runs a course run by them. UAL was never on the cards for me though as I'm tired of London and kind of want a break somewhere peaceful haha I also just feel like Herts is a lot more tailored for what I want to do and they're a very reputable school for animation/VFX as opposed to UAL which is more big in the fashion, art and film department. Hope that helped!
(edited 1 year ago)
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Original post by pannn
Hi! I also applied for the same course. Have you got any response from the University?

I sent my portfolio a week ago so I'm waiting on a response right now! I will update though if I get anything, hopefully good news :biggrin: I have really bad anxiety so I really hate this waiting stage especially since Herts is my top choice!
Original post by Ddolapo
I sent my portfolio a week ago so I'm waiting on a response right now! I will update though if I get anything, hopefully good news :biggrin: I have really bad anxiety so I really hate this waiting stage especially since Herts is my top choice!

Can I ask you when your deadline was? A friend and I actually ended up handing ours in late...
I wonder if we still get a chance /:
Original post by HoldMyNekosaur
Can I ask you when your deadline was? A friend and I actually ended up handing ours in late...
I wonder if we still get a chance /:

So they should send you an email asking for your portfolio and the deadline is 4 weeks after you've received that email. If you've missed the deadline I'm not sure what will happen. Really sorry! One of the lecturers is on here called @moid maybe try PM him and see if anything can be done. Wishing you all the best though!!
Thank you! Good luck to you too! 😈
Hai! I have applied to study game art :smile: hoping to do a 4 year with 1 year abroad studying

At the moment I study geography, Graphics design and game design

Original post by StrawberryDreams
Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Hertfordshire for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:
2024 applicant lurking here to look for tips, hope that's ok :P
Hi everyone,
I applied for diagnostic radiography and got an offer which I firmed today. Just hoping to speak t other firming applicants I am a bit nervous too because on social media quite a few people have negatively commented on Herts but the same goes for a lot of other universities to be fair😅. I guess it’s just a different experience for everyone
Hey
Anyone received an offer from University of Hertfordshire for MSc Business Analytics & Consultancy?
Hi :smile: I'll be enrolling in 2023 (i mean, ofc i will be thats the point of this thread), and i'm extremely excited to join the uni. i'll be staying in Maclean Court.

Icebreakers:
2D Animation

I'm on a gap year atm working as a freelance illustrator, but prior to this i took a year in foundation art (animation pathway)

Hope to meet people on the same course as me sometime soon :h:
Original post by Anonymous
Hi :smile: I'll be enrolling in 2023 (i mean, ofc i will be thats the point of this thread), and i'm extremely excited to join the uni. i'll be staying in Maclean Court.

Icebreakers:
2D Animation

I'm on a gap year atm working as a freelance illustrator, but prior to this i took a year in foundation art (animation pathway)

Hope to meet people on the same course as me sometime soon :h: if anyone has a discord server for the 2023 applicants or the animation/VFX/Game Art course i would love a link!

2D Animation is so cool ahh! We're in the same space as I'm doing VFX and 3D animation!
Moderation reminder:
For your own safety and that of others, please do not post or request links to off site chat groups - including discord!

Please keep all posts within our Community Guidelines

If you have any questions please come along to the Ask the Community staff forum and we would be happy to help 😊

Thanks,
Wilykit
Reply 32
Original post by StrawberryDreams
Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Hertfordshire for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

Hi.
I am looking to study events management, anyone else interested in this course?
Reply 33
Joining in September hopefully, done 1 year at Oxford Brookes, now doing Law at Herts soon.
Reply 34
Original post by Ddolapo
Hello! Glad to finally see a thread :biggrin:

3D Animation and VFX!

Currently doing an UAL extended creative diploma (always forget the proper name for it) where I'm studying VFX and animation!!

Fun Fact:
Actually on my way back from the open day right now!

Hey same! I got my offer and accepted onto the 3D Animation and VFX course! I am currently doing my A level exams.
Original post by Tigress007
Hey same! I got my offer and accepted onto the 3D Animation and VFX course! I am currently doing my A level exams.

yayy it's nice to see someone else doing the course!!
Reply 36
Is anyone else doing business, a lot of people are doing animations XD It's going to be a packed classroom!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending