The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Official Keele University 2023 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Greenchick
I'll be starting in September and will be doing Environment and Sustainability, anyone else?
Re accommodation, are the rooms in Holly Cross and The Oaks identical, and are any of the Halls classed as 'party halls'?

Hi @Greenchick,

As far as I know there's no 'party halls' on campus! I haven't lived on campus myself but from speaking with my friends who have lived in halls, whilst some of them did hold get-togethers in their flats, these were usually small-scale affairs. We ask all of our students to be considerate of those around them so, for a more a lively night out, we encourage students to head to the SU or the KPA (both of which put on a range of great events).

The closest halls to the centre of campus are Barnes and Horwood but Lindsay, Holly Cross, and The Oaks are only 5-10 minutes walk away, so it's not as if any of the halls are far from centre of the campus social scene!

As I mentioned above, the accommodation team sent out a brief questionnaire to help match you up with students with similar interests. So if you're more of a party animal or a night owl, we'll try and match you with similarly inclined students. And if you're more of a 'quiet night in' type, we'll try to match with similar students.

All the rooms at Holly Cross and The Oaks are en-suite plus so, with the exception of a few single occupancy flats and adapted rooms, they're all have the same facilities, yes.

Hope that helps! :smile:

Amy Louise
Student Ambassador, Keele University
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Thanks Amy that is very helpful, and good to know.
I'm gonna be doing liberal arts!!!
Hi! I chose Keele as my insurance choice for Neuroscience and Psychology a few weeks ago but since then I have realised I am more interested in pharmacology. I have emailed the admission team asking if it would be possible to transfer to pharmaceutical sciences. Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back?
Original post by mapletree234
Hi! I chose Keele as my insurance choice for Neuroscience and Psychology a few weeks ago but since then I have realised I am more interested in pharmacology. I have emailed the admission team asking if it would be possible to transfer to pharmaceutical sciences. Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back?

Hi @mapletree234,

It's difficult to give you an exact response time. We usually say 20 working days but that can vary depending on the nature of the query and also the point in the admissions cycle.

The admissions inbox is extremely busy at the moment but rest assured your email will be looked at and someone will be in touch with you to discuss your transfer options :smile:.

You should get an email acknowledging receipt of your query but you're also welcome to ring the admissions team for an update, or if the matter is urgent. You can find their contact details at https://www.keele.ac.uk/about/contactus/.

Amy Louise
Original post by Keele Postgraduate
Hi @mapletree234,

It's difficult to give you an exact response time. We usually say 20 working days but that can vary depending on the nature of the query and also the point in the admissions cycle.

The admissions inbox is extremely busy at the moment but rest assured your email will be looked at and someone will be in touch with you to discuss your transfer options :smile:.

You should get an email acknowledging receipt of your query but you're also welcome to ring the admissions team for an update, or if the matter is urgent. You can find their contact details at https://www.keele.ac.uk/about/contactus/.

Amy Louise

Dear Amy,

No worries, thank you!

Your's sincerely,

Nanthana
If anyone wants to join a group chat to help meet others starting in September add my snap chat- el.r999 :smile:
Hii,

Applied for computer science (digital forensics) starting this sep!

anyone else?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 68
Anyone, why is Keele so popular for its medicine course? Why is it so highly ranked?
Reply 69
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by mommyyy
Anyone, why is Keele so popular for its medicine course? Why is it so highly ranked?

Hello!

I do not know how the general ranking is done, but I can give you a few highlight that may explain it.
First of, with have an anatomy suite with 9 top technology surgical stations, and a morgue where autopsies are performed, and it is on campus.
We also learn with the PBL way (problem based learning), allowing you to engage with your peers with a variety of different medical cases. There are also large scale PBL's where you will also work with different healthcare professionals from the different courses at Keele.
From your first year you will be engaging with real or mock patients either in real life or online (such as Zoom or Teams), giving you good practice and understanding as to how engage with patients.
Our staff are either healthcare providers or engaging in active research, meaning you're learning from people who are active in the field outside of the university as well.
You get to experience 2 different hospitals, and also the Heywood clinic which is a clinic for small emergencies.

This is just off the top of my head (based both on the website and my flatmate experience, who is a 3rd year medic at Keele.)

Hope this helps!
~Michelle, placement student
I'm hopefully going to keele to study Pharmacy this September!
Reply 72
Original post by Anonymous
I'm hopefully going to keele to study Pharmacy this September!

same !!
Hi everyone.

Hope results day went well for you last week. For anyone that got an offer and is now heading to Keele University then you can find our freshers thread here -> Keele University Freshers 2023.

EH
Reply 74
Original post by Keele Rep
Hello!

I do not know how the general ranking is done, but I can give you a few highlight that may explain it.
First of, with have an anatomy suite with 9 top technology surgical stations, and a morgue where autopsies are performed, and it is on campus.
We also learn with the PBL way (problem based learning), allowing you to engage with your peers with a variety of different medical cases. There are also large scale PBL's where you will also work with different healthcare professionals from the different courses at Keele.
From your first year you will be engaging with real or mock patients either in real life or online (such as Zoom or Teams), giving you good practice and understanding as to how engage with patients.
Our staff are either healthcare providers or engaging in active research, meaning you're learning from people who are active in the field outside of the university as well.
You get to experience 2 different hospitals, and also the Heywood clinic which is a clinic for small emergencies.

This is just off the top of my head (based both on the website and my flatmate experience, who is a 3rd year medic at Keele.)

Hope this helps!
~Michelle, placement student

Hey , just did the ucat didnt go as planned i got 2370 b3 do i still have a chance a keele since ive heard they have low cut offs?

Quick Reply

Latest