The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Official Keele University freshers 2023 chat

Hello and welcome to all the Keele University Freshers of 2023! :hello:

You made it through your exams, results day has been and gone, and now you finally know where you’ll be headed in just a few weeks! :thumbsup:

This is a place where you can introduce yourself, meet other students who’ll be joining you at university, and make a few friends even before you arrive! :yeah:

So to kick off, why not introduce yourself with:
What course you’ll be studying
What you like doing in your spare time
What you’re most looking forward to about studying at Keele University

Only share as much information as you wish.
In this forum, you can post anonymously if you tick the box at the bottom. :smile:

Finally, a few useful threads you might want to take a look at to help you prepare:
Remember to update your student finance application - The Student Room

Good luck everyone and a massive WELL DONE for everything you have achieved!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello!
I am currently in the process of accepting Keele as my firm choice for university, so I made this post to get to know you guys who also want to go to Keele too! I hopefully will be studying Geology come September, and would love to hear what subjects you guys are applying for and how you are feeling about starting uni. :smile:
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Original post by B00thie
Hello!
I am currently in the process of accepting Keele as my firm choice for university, so I made this post to get to know you guys who also want to go to Keele too! I hopefully will be studying Geology come September, and would love to hear what subjects you guys are applying for and how you are feeling about starting uni. :smile:

Hi @B00thie,

Congratulations on your offer to study at Keele! I'm a current student at Keele - I did my MA in English Literature and then stayed on to do my PhD - and am one of the official reps for the university here on TSR so if you have any questions about student life, please do feel free to ask and I shall do my best to help. My colleague @Keele Students is also on TSR and happy to help with any queries and to offer an additional perspective :smile:

Amy Louise
Student Ambassador, Keele University
I'm going in September and will be doing Environment and Sustainability, excited but nervous too!
Reply 4
Oh cool! Can't wait for September to roll around and meet everyone there, although like you said, very nervous at the same time, especially as this will be the first time living away permanently from parents :biggrin:
One thing is for certain is that I can't wait to start a new chapter of my life with a bunch of unknown people I'll eventually call friends! :smile:
Original post by Greenchick
I'm going in September and will be doing Environment and Sustainability, excited but nervous too!
Ive applied for liberal arts and I'm well excited cause it looks so pretty in Keele! I'm kinda nervous but I'm defo super looking forward to it man
Reply 6
I've applied to study Pharmacy and have now firmed Keele! Visited the university twice now and I really love the campus
Reply 7
Yeah, the campus is so pretty and green, it's amazing to be around! Especially being a campus uni meaning it's not super busy like in many city universities in the UK, but not completely isolated so that there's literally nothing to do. It's a perfect match with all the good inbetween :smile:
Reply 8
i’m studying geology at keele :smile:

Original post by B00thie
Hello!
hello, I'm going to do LLB. I would say the feelings are not standard, basically mixed, happy, worried, stressed, and so on, but I am confident that all will be well. I have just finalized with acceptance of accommodation, but I do not know about my Flatmates (Lindsay Hall)
Reply 10
Original post by aimbee03
i’m studying geology at keele :smile:

Oh really? That's amazing!!
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous
hello, I'm going to do LLB. I would say the feelings are not standard, basically mixed, happy, worried, stressed, and so on, but I am confident that all will be well. I have just finalized with acceptance of accommodation, but I do not know about my Flatmates (Lindsay Hall)

Me neither, I'm in Oaks personally, but I guess we'll have to wait until moving day to meet the new people :smile: now results day is over, I'm more calm about starting Uni I think
Reply 12
Anyone doing biomed 🤩
Reply 13
Original post by B00thie
Hello!

Im doing immunology and I'm pretty excited about the whole prospect of uni,especially since keeles campus is just so pretty
Reply 14

Heyy I’m in lindsay hall too do you know which block you’re in? I’m in B cuz I got a traditional
Reply 15
hey, I'm doing law too, I just accepted my offer for it. I think I might be staying at Linsday Hall. my accommodation hasn't been confirmed yet tho.

Hey, I’ll also be studying geology!
Hey im studying forensic psychology with a foundation year
Reply 18
Original post by Letitbe1970
Hey, I’ll also be studying geology!

Oh really? You've got good taste :biggrin:
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 19
Im doing Liberal arts!!!! I'll be honest i dont remember which accomodation im going to :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest