The Student Room Group
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland

Official University of the West of Scotland 2023 Applicant Thread

Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of the West of Scotland for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:
I am applying to performance at the UWS Ayr campus I am 16 for D&G and am currently doing Photography drama and RMPS in school
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland
Original post by Steph.donn
I am applying to performance at the UWS Ayr campus I am 16 for D&G and am currently doing Photography drama and RMPS in school

i’m applying for business + finance at paisley campus! have you sent your application away?
Original post by Steph.donn
Not yet I’m waiting for a reference from my drama teacher but i have attended several open days and due to explaining personal circumstances I have been put in contact with several people and I have been told I will get an unconditional

aww nice!! got an unconditional offer today for business with finance! good luck with your application!!!
hi, is anyone else applying for biomed? x
Hi,
I have an interview for PDGE PE secondary on the 6th of Jan.

Has anyone had an interview for UWS on this course yet? I suspect this is one of the first batches of interviews but if anyone has completed an interview already, do you have any advice? The interview brief if pretty daunting.
Have applied for social work at Glasgow Caledonian, Strathclyde, UWS and Stirling application sent on 19th December so just need to wait now and try to stop checking a million times a day!
Hi , anyone applied for MSc Social Work? Perhaps someone knows how the SSSC bursaries work?
Applied for Mental Health Nursing and had my interview but no reply as of yet
Hi
Has anyone applied for the University west of Scotland Lanarkshire campus for adult nursing, I have my interview this upcoming week, is there any advice on what to expect?

From guides from my tutor, it seems that it is a 45min intro on the uni and then a group interview where they present cards for us to choose relating to a thing to do with nursing and explain why we chose it
Has anyone heard back on interviews date for adult nursing? I applied at the beginning of January and they requested for some documents which I have sent, it's been a month and haven't heard anything yet. I am anxiously waiting and dreading. Is there anyone else in the same situation as me?
Original post by Anonymous
Has anyone heard back on interviews date for adult nursing? I applied at the beginning of January and they requested for some documents which I have sent, it's been a month and haven't heard anything yet. I am anxiously waiting and dreading. Is there anyone else in the same situation as me?

They have been interviewing since December and i know several people with offers but I wouldn't be concerned yet there is still plenty of time :smile:
Wondering if anyone has heard back from social work yet? Started to worry now as it seems most other sectors have had offers 🤯
Original post by Kerry1986
Wondering if anyone has heard back from social work yet? Started to worry now as it seems most other sectors have had offers 🤯

I applied for MSc in social work, got a reply today
Original post by Kerry1986
Have applied for social work at Glasgow Caledonian, Strathclyde, UWS and Stirling application sent on 19th December so just need to wait now and try to stop checking a million times a day!

UWS is the only one I am waiting to hear back from now for Social Work.
Original post by Romany76
UWS is the only one I am waiting to hear back from now for Social Work.

Received my offer today just waiting on Strathclyde now hope you have heard back too x

Quick Reply

Latest