The Student Room Group

MML Cambridge applicant 2023

Hi, I'm looking to apply for Modern Languages in 2023 at Cambridge. I only study one language at A level, so I’ll be starting one other language from scratch. Naturally, my personal statement is basically all on the super curriculars I’ve done for the language I study at A level.Do I also need to include anything about this second language in my personal statement? Furthermore, what should the nature of this be? Do I need to talk about any extra work I’ve done, or is it simply enough just to talk about why I want to study it? Or do I not need to reference it at all on the personal statement, and just mention it on the SAQ?Sorry for all these quick fire questions! Any help would be appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
Hi,

I was in the same position last year and I'm starting my degree in a month's time, doing French and Spanish ab initio next month. I personally only talked about French in my personal statement, and just mentioned Spanish on the SAQ, so that's definitely an option. In my case it was dictated by the fact that I applied to slightly different degrees across my five choices, with French being the one element shared by all.
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending