The Student Room Group

Architecture and transfer student

Hello, I have applied for 2 year entry to Kent, Westminster, East London, Ravensbourne and South Bank London into Architecture. I am currently studying Architecture in Australia, but I was born and lived in the UK for over 10 years. I am just curious if anyone else has been accepted into a UK university as a transfer student? What is studying architecture like over in the UK? Is it likely I could get accepted? I applied through UCAS over a month ago, how long will it take to get a respone? Thank you :smile:
Original post by InesMcCallum
Hello, I have applied for 2 year entry to Kent, Westminster, East London, Ravensbourne and South Bank London into Architecture. I am currently studying Architecture in Australia, but I was born and lived in the UK for over 10 years. I am just curious if anyone else has been accepted into a UK university as a transfer student? What is studying architecture like over in the UK? Is it likely I could get accepted? I applied through UCAS over a month ago, how long will it take to get a respone? Thank you :smile:

In terms of studying architecture in the UK, have a look at this recent thread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7272710

@PQ might be able to shed more light on the likelihood of year 2 transfer.
I imagine it's pretty unlikely you will be able to transfer into year 2, due to the accreditation requirements of the course.

Did you contact that unis before you applied to find out if the accept transfers to second year? That is the normal process in the UK if you are applying for second year entry. It's not a standard route in the UK.
Hello,
Yes I have been in contact with the 5 universities over the past couple of months. They have all already seen my portfolio and transcript from my current university. It's just a very long lengthy process and overall I am a bit unsure of what will happen next? Thank you!!! :smile:

Original post by artful_lounger
I imagine it's pretty unlikely you will be able to transfer into year 2, due to the accreditation requirements of the course.

Did you contact that unis before you applied to find out if the accept transfers to second year? That is the normal process in the UK if you are applying for second year entry. It's not a standard route in the UK.
Reply 4
Original post by InesMcCallum

Hello, were you ever able to transfer? I'm in a similar situation right now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending