The Student Room Group

Disclosing a disability post-UCAS entry

I am in the very annoying position of not having disclosed any disability on my UCAS form because I was not officially diagnosed before the 15th October deadline. Does anyone know what I should do in this situation to make sure my disability is logged correctly with my chosen unis? I keep looking at the websites but they seem to be taking me round and round in circles and I'm not sure how to proceed. Thanks!
You don't need to do it before you go :smile: You can do it during freshers week or whenever you like through your unis disability services.

I was only diagnosed with a mental health condition a few months into uni, I had the DSA services for the remainder of my time there.
You don’t need to disclose on UCAS, it’s just additional info for ucas figures the unis do not see this as it *could* cause bias. As and when you get offers many unis will have forms etc you can fill out if you have any additional needs. If they don’t just email admissions and they should point you in the right direction!
Original post by ALEreapp
You don’t need to disclose on UCAS, it’s just additional info for ucas figures the unis do not see this as it *could* cause bias. As and when you get offers many unis will have forms etc you can fill out if you have any additional needs. If they don’t just email admissions and they should point you in the right direction!

Thank you so much - that's a huge weight off my mind :smile:
Original post by oswinsdolma
Thank you so much - that's a huge weight off my mind :smile:

Make sure you apply for DSA before you go so you can have your needs addressed from day one..

https://www.gov.uk/disabled-students-allowance-dsa
Original post by oswinsdolma
I am in the very annoying position of not having disclosed any disability on my UCAS form because I was not officially diagnosed before the 15th October deadline. Does anyone know what I should do in this situation to make sure my disability is logged correctly with my chosen unis? I keep looking at the websites but they seem to be taking me round and round in circles and I'm not sure how to proceed. Thanks!

Hi, i am in the same position as you were in, now. I was just wondering how you managed it in the end and what the process was that you took? Thank you 🙂
Original post by molly8716
Hi, i am in the same position as you were in, now. I was just wondering how you managed it in the end and what the process was that you took? Thank you 🙂

This thread is over a year old! Please don't bump old threads.

This was also answered above and the answer above is correct. You can just make whatever arrangements are necessary upon arrival at the uni. You may want to also get the DSA form to complete for SFE in advance though as you'll probably need/want to do that anyway.
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest