The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

contextual offer

Hi everyone, I've received a contextual offer due to a mental health condition, anxiety and depression. I've had a psychiatrist mention that i had these in a report and also have been in therapy at camhs, would any of these letters count as proof if i needed to prove it and does that make me eligible for the offer?
Reply 1
yeah it will work. perhaps research the uni you want to go tos guidelines they may have some terms and conditions
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
If they’ve already given you the offer then they usually won’t need proof later.

Contextual offers aren’t typically given for health reasons. Are you sure you didn’t meet other contextual marks like home postcode etc?
Reply 3
Original post by Admit-One
If they’ve already given you the offer then they usually won’t need proof later.

Contextual offers aren’t typically given for health reasons. Are you sure you didn’t meet other contextual marks like home postcode etc?

surrey mentions mental health as something they give contextual offers for, and i specified exactly what it was on my UCAS form, but im still wondering
Original post by Anonymous
surrey mentions mental health as something they give contextual offers for, and i specified exactly what it was on my UCAS form, but im still wondering

That's unusual of them but you are correct in that Surrey include "Disclose a disability or long-term health condition" as one of their contextual criteria. Reviewing their pages there is nothing about providing evidence, so if it is not listed as one of your offer conditions, (e.g. " provide evidence of XYZ..."), then from a UCAS POV they can't ask for anything more. They're bound to the offer if you meet the conditions.
Reply 5
Original post by Admit-One
That's unusual of them but you are correct in that Surrey include "Disclose a disability or long-term health condition" as one of their contextual criteria. Reviewing their pages there is nothing about providing evidence, so if it is not listed as one of your offer conditions, (e.g. " provide evidence of XYZ..."), then from a UCAS POV they can't ask for anything more. They're bound to the offer if you meet the conditions.

thank you for your advice!!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone, I've received a contextual offer due to a mental health condition, anxiety and depression. I've had a psychiatrist mention that i had these in a report and also have been in therapy at camhs, would any of these letters count as proof if i needed to prove it and does that make me eligible for the offer?

Hi there:smile:

Current Cardiff Uni student here

I received a contextual offer but was not asked for any proof once receiving the offer.

I hope this helps

Jaz - Cardiff Uni Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending