The Student Room Group

UCAS points

Hi all,
Due to health issues I'm only going to leave college with 1 full btech, one half btech and an epq, I'm predicted to get a merit in everything next year (IT) and left this year with a merit so if next year I got merit in my full btech, merit in my half and an A in my EPQ how many UCAS points would this come out too? I'm really confused and the calculators are also confusing
I wasn't planning on going to uni till just before summer as the course I was going onto got full before I could apply so I'm lost with the whole uni thing tbh
(I want to go for journalism going from a BA to MA to hopefully a PHD after a massive career rethink, also I have a handle on my disabilitys now so I may be able to go for D & D in my btechs and A* in EPQ I have hit these before but health tanked so I failed 2/3 courses this year hence picking up a new one this year and deciding on an epq)
(edited 8 months ago)
UCAS has a calculator on their website, just select the qualification and the grade you achieved and do that for every qualification you have and it'll give you your UCAS points!

However you ought to be aware that universities have somewhat moved past the UCAS points system and have taken to setting minimum entry requirements according to the qualifications you've taken (and each uni may potentially have a different minimum requirement). You should be able to see this on the university course's website and if it's not clear enough, you should message each of the university's admissions department that you're interested in and ask for clarification about the entry requirements and your circumstances :smile:
Original post by Heliotropegrey
Hi all,
Due to health issues I'm only going to leave college with 1 full btech, one half btech and an epq, I'm predicted to get a merit in everything next year (IT) and left this year with a merit so if next year I got merit in my full btech, merit in my half and an A in my EPQ how many UCAS points would this come out too? I'm really confused and the calculators are also confusing
I wasn't planning on going to uni till just before summer as the course I was going onto got full before I could apply so I'm lost with the whole uni thing tbh
(I want to go for journalism going from a BA to MA to hopefully a PHD after a massive career rethink, also I have a handle on my disabilitys now so I may be able to go for D & D in my btechs and A* in EPQ I have hit these before but health tanked so I failed 2/3 courses this year hence picking up a new one this year and deciding on an epq)

If you can list the full title of each qualification you have/are taking, I might be able to help you calculate the UCAS points.
Original post by normaw
If you can list the full title of each qualification you have/are taking, I might be able to help you calculate the UCAS points.

BTEC information technology extended certificate, media production Cambridge technical certificate (not extended) and an EPQ predicted at an A, the other 2 are MMM and M
Original post by Scotland Yard
UCAS has a calculator on their website, just select the qualification and the grade you achieved and do that for every qualification you have and it'll give you your UCAS points!

However you ought to be aware that universities have somewhat moved past the UCAS points system and have taken to setting minimum entry requirements according to the qualifications you've taken (and each uni may potentially have a different minimum requirement). You should be able to see this on the university course's website and if it's not clear enough, you should message each of the university's admissions department that you're interested in and ask for clarification about the entry requirements and your circumstances :smile:

The top uni I'm looking at is 104 ucas points and nothing else, I'm going to double check on the open day when i go

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending