The Student Room Group

UA92 Accelerated CS Course

Honest opinion needed, is the UA92 accelerated CS course worth it? they offer a degree from Lancaster but the requirement is quite low. My grades are AAB. Need a genuine, honest opinion. Also, I plan on studying postgrad and want to go to a good uni for that, so would a degree from there affect that?
Original post by marsx
Honest opinion needed, is the UA92 accelerated CS course worth it? they offer a degree from Lancaster but the requirement is quite low. My grades are AAB. Need a genuine, honest opinion. Also, I plan on studying postgrad and want to go to a good uni for that, so would a degree from there affect that?

Hey @marsx
I am a current student at Lancaster university and study Computer Science.
From my experience, I had a similar doubt when I got accepted into Lancaster via clearing. However, I realised its just the first year which is slightly slower compared to other universities, as they want you to have some time for settling into the new environment of moving to university.
Starting second year it gets pretty intensive with a lot of courseworks to keep you on your toes and a lot of knowledge based content. I have a few friends who are now in 3rd year or have started a continued masters here and they seemed to have gotten a few good internships and job offers this past summer based on the knowledge they have acquired here.

I cannot give you an insight of what it would be like for after jobs after graduating unfortunately, but I hope this helped :smile:
Vyomika
Reply 2
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hey @marsx
I am a current student at Lancaster university and study Computer Science.
From my experience, I had a similar doubt when I got accepted into Lancaster via clearing. However, I realised its just the first year which is slightly slower compared to other universities, as they want you to have some time for settling into the new environment of moving to university.
Starting second year it gets pretty intensive with a lot of courseworks to keep you on your toes and a lot of knowledge based content. I have a few friends who are now in 3rd year or have started a continued masters here and they seemed to have gotten a few good internships and job offers this past summer based on the knowledge they have acquired here.

I cannot give you an insight of what it would be like for after jobs after graduating unfortunately, but I hope this helped :smile:
Vyomika

Hiya! Thank you for your information. The degree is an University Academy 92 but the degree is awarded by Lancaster so I'm guessing it's not the same experience? I'm behind 2 years due to moving and circumstances out of my control and this would help me recover those lost years but I'm still so unsure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending