The Student Room Group

Accelerated Medicine

Does anyone know if this course: MB ChB Medicine University of Buckingham, UCAS code: 71A8 counts as accelerated medicine? It is 4.5 years long, I just need clarification in regards to funding.

As well as this, can someone clarify the funding available for accelerated medicine courses for individuals who already have a degree?
Hi, I've moved your thread to the "Ask Student Finance England" forum as they should be best placed to answer your questions :smile:

Although in general for your second question, usually for accelerated graduate entry medicine courses (4 year GEM courses), you can get maintenance loan and partial tuition fee loan for first year (the first ~£3000 or so of the tuition fees need to be paid by you - you can of course use your maintenance loan for this if you wish), and from second year onward it's funded by the NHS bursary which covers your full tuition fees and some maintenance costs (you may be able to apply for a reduced maintenance loan in addition to this for those years).
Original post by ReganSt
Does anyone know if this course: MB ChB Medicine University of Buckingham, UCAS code: 71A8 counts as accelerated medicine? It is 4.5 years long, I just need clarification in regards to funding.

As well as this, can someone clarify the funding available for accelerated medicine courses for individuals who already have a degree?

Hi Regan,

That course is not considered an accelerated course. If you hold an equal level qualification, you would be eligible for the Maintenance Loan for the duration of the course as this is an exception to previous study and equal level qualification rules, however you will need to self fund your Tuition Fees.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending