The Student Room Group

Do you need to know about recent events to do well in source based questions?

I've only studied up to the 2017 general election since my textbook did not cover the 2019 election in much depth. Will this be a problem if I'm answering a source question about the 2019 election? Or can I just use points from the 2017 election to support my arguments?
when answering a source question about 2019 you can use the 2017 election as a comparison ie compare the turnouts and the election results but it is prefer d but not necessary to have the most up to date examples.
Reply 2
Original post by godsavedthequeen
when answering a source question about 2019 you can use the 2017 election as a comparison ie compare the turnouts and the election results but it is prefer d but not necessary to have the most up to date examples.

Won't I need to know about the 2019 election to do comparisons? Or else I'd have to compare 2017 to 2015.
i dont want to be *that* person but this question is kind of stupid... in the time u spent making this discussion and typing everything out u could have easily searched up "2019 election" and added 6-8 statistics to ur notes to revise... chances are if u have to ask the answer is yes or maybe u just want reassurance in which u should'nt get any, if u dont want to revise all of the spec then dont but don't complain when u then do bad in essays cause u have **** examples...
Original post by bluesun86
Won't I need to know about the 2019 election to do comparisons? Or else I'd have to compare 2017 to 2015.

yeah but if you dont have the most current examples use these as they are better then not putting any example att all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending