The Student Room Group

How do you plan out your revision?

I'm interested in trying different planning methods, so how do you plan out your revision? Also, do you have any revision tips?
Reply 1
did you know that rereading your textbook or revision guide isn't really revision? real learning is when you take a test. I'd suggest be creative with quizlet flashcards and have a quick review before study session. rest well and stay hydrated!
Original post by nl.7sn
did you know that rereading your textbook or revision guide isn't really revision? real learning is when you take a test. I'd suggest be creative with quizlet flashcards and have a quick review before study session. rest well and stay hydrated!

Thanks!
Something that works really well for me as a university student is using a wide range of forms of revision, changing it up so that I don't lose focus or get bored. When you are making a revision plan try to incorporate different forms of revision. These can include: Listening back to lecture content using software such as Jamworks during class to capture the key points from the session. Then another form can be using flashcards or the Jamworks app even has a Jam Quiz feature where it generates quiz questions for you based on your notes content so you are actively testing yourself on the relevant content. You can also try writing up some notes in the notes tab and looking at the generated summaries from sessions to recall what you need to know. Good luck! :smile:
Original post by scar-the-queen
I'm interested in trying different planning methods, so how do you plan out your revision? Also, do you have any revision tips?

The trick is consistency. If you haven't already, you should plan your revision to fit around your timetable and stick to it. I cannot stress hard enough how important it is to have a sense of routine.
Original post by Megan4498
Something that works really well for me as a university student is using a wide range of forms of revision, changing it up so that I don't lose focus or get bored. When you are making a revision plan try to incorporate different forms of revision. These can include: Listening back to lecture content using software such as Jamworks during class to capture the key points from the session. Then another form can be using flashcards or the Jamworks app even has a Jam Quiz feature where it generates quiz questions for you based on your notes content so you are actively testing yourself on the relevant content. You can also try writing up some notes in the notes tab and looking at the generated summaries from sessions to recall what you need to know. Good luck! :smile:

That's a good idea, thank you!
Original post by ashton_emile
The trick is consistency. If you haven't already, you should plan your revision to fit around your timetable and stick to it. I cannot stress hard enough how important it is to have a sense of routine.

Great advice, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending