The Student Room Group

Revision for uni

How much revision should I aim to do per day?
3hrs max? It depends what course /how much material
Original post by Annaboth
How much revision should I aim to do per day?

Hi there :smile:

This will definitely depend on various thing such as:
- The course you're on (some are a lot heavier content wise than others)
- The types of exams you have (some require/are easier to revise for than others)
- How fast you work (some people can get lots of work done within an hours but others will talk 2 hours to get the same amount of revision done)
- The type of revision you do (some methods are more effective than others)

I would advise looking at these factors before planning out your revision. Some people like to revise according to a timed schedule e.g. I will do 2 hours of revision today and other prefer to do X amount of work a day e.g. I will revise 2 lectures today. At the end of the day there is no right or wrong amount of revision to do per day. There is also no guarantee that you will be able to revise everyday, plans change but also you must listen to your brain and body and when they need a rest. The last thing you want to do is burn out before your exams have even started. I personally like to create a list of all the work I need to do before each exam e.g. For this one module I have 12 lectures to cover, for this other module I have 14 lectures etc. Then I give myself a reasonable deadline e.g. I will complete this module in one week. That gives me a deadline to work towards without restricting myself to doing a certain amount of hours of work a day. As long as i'm covering all of the content by my deadline then it doesn't really matter how much i do a day. There will be certain days/times when you will naturally feel more productive and other times when its difficult to feel motivated and be productive so again listen to your body and work around that. This is what works for me personally but it can take some trial and error to find what may work for you. Hope this makes sense!

Best of luck

Joanna
-Uni of Kent Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending