The Student Room Group

Would schools close down due to rise in strep A deaths?

There have now been 24 deaths altogether in uk and 21 children have died in uk due to this. Parents have been calling to shut schools down i guess when these little kids go back first day in January the government would do a U turn and close schools down until winter is finished hopefully thats what happens what do you guys think? Can the government let us do remote learning?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ali.12345
There have now been 24 deaths altogether in uk and 21 children have died in uk due to this. Parents have been calling to shut schools down i guess when these little kids go back first day in January the government would do a U turn and close schools down until winter is finished hopefully thats what happens what do you guys think? Can the government let us do remote learning?

i doubt well have another lockdown
Reply 2
Original post by pharmgirl4
i doubt well have another lockdown

Not a full lockdown just schools closed as it spreads through younger children mostly and the government disagreed on closing schools one week early i guess this time scientists might force the government to do so
Probably not.
99% sure not. If they were then probably primary schools only as those are the age bracket most severely affected
Reply 5
Original post by larissaberry
99% sure not. If they were then probably primary schools only as those are the age bracket most severely affected

You never know secondary schools too and it affects any age and a 16 year old boy died from it too so could be a bit of hope
You never know secondary schools too and it affects any age and a 16 year old boy died from it too so could be a bit of hope

I mean schools didn’t shut even after thousands of cases so one really won’t shut schools

Schools were closed for months for covid where school aged children were the least affected of all groups. At this point there’s no rational case to do it, and no rational case not to. That’s how insane public health has become across the world.
Reply 8
Unlikley, lockdowns over the previous years have damaged education in that age bracket enough so the government wouldn't be keen on doing so. Should they? It probably be the school leaders decision but I think the peak rate of infection is around January so If cases in nearby schools occur then I would support it for a week or 2.

They could do At this point I think enforcing masks would be a good move. If that doesn't help then closing the schools must be considered particually for primary school. It's not ideal but it maybe the most effective option.
Original post by Trinculo
Schools were closed for months for covid where school aged children were the least affected of all groups. At this point there’s no rational case to do it, and no rational case not to. That’s how insane public health has become across the world.

PRSOM

Oh, I see. You're just angling for more time off as if you don't get enough in the school holidays. Ruined a lot of people's education among a lot of other things the last time they did anything like that so I don't think they'll be in a rush to do it again.
No.
No we can’t keep closing schools and isolating people because of Diseases going around. Need to build up immunity.
Reply 14
I mean schools didn’t shut even after thousands of cases so one really won’t shut schools

Thats because of the boris johnson's stupidity and fear of not doing it as he was already held accountable for throwing a party now we have a new pm who may have a different mindset
Reply 15
Original post by Andrew97
No we can’t keep closing schools and isolating people because of Diseases going around. Need to build up immunity.

Whats more important education or children losing their lives WAKE UP please !!!
Reply 16
Original post by ROTL94 3
Oh, I see. You're just angling for more time off as if you don't get enough in the school holidays. Ruined a lot of people's education among a lot of other things the last time they did anything like that so I don't think they'll be in a rush to do it again.

Well lemme guess your either too young or your just a school pet don't worry you will find out the truth when you see it with your own eyes this relates to my friends little brother who died from this disease and when you do find out please come back on here and thank me later Bye have a great day 😊
Reply 17
Original post by jonathanemptage
They could do At this point I think enforcing masks would be a good move. If that doesn't help then closing the schools must be considered particually for primary school. It's not ideal but it maybe the most effective option.

Exactly bro i understand your point
Reply 18
Original post by ax4
Unlikley, lockdowns over the previous years have damaged education in that age bracket enough so the government wouldn't be keen on doing so. Should they? It probably be the school leaders decision but I think the peak rate of infection is around January so If cases in nearby schools occur then I would support it for a week or 2.

Ok i see where your coming from but ik they will close and if they do close i will only support it for 1 month or two thats about it but thanks for your opinion
Reply 19
Original post by Trinculo

When covid first came they only had 32 deaths and 744 cases and they did a lockdown now its the first time ever that strep A has lots of deaths and the government dont wanna loose little kids and i bet even scientists and school departments will call for it to happen now altogether its 26 deaths and they didnt listen earlier when parents urged it to shut early for Christmas so i think they will listen this time and do it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending