The Student Room Group

SFE Processing Application - returning to repeat elements of PCET PGCE

Hi,

In 2020/21 I was studying for a PCET PGCE 1 year course but due to COVID it was extremely difficult to both find a suitable placement to pass the qualification alongside being difficult to maintain good mental health regarding the outcomes I aimed to achieve for modules. In June 2021 I withdrew from the course due to these circumstances alongside an inability to see myself being able to complete a 100 hour placement by the end of the academic year to pass.

SFE advised me earlier this year that I would be eligible for funding if I was to return on a full-time basis which I have secured starting this month (gift year), however my application is still processing and naturally I'm nervous regarding the outcome - I was unable to submit evidence of my withdrawal during the application process and I'm now waiting for student admin to email me a headed letter outlining I had withdrew.

I was wondering about the status of my application still being on "Processing Application" and the likeliness of it being delayed due to a supposed lack of evidence on my part - I still need to pay rent, living expenses and travel costs to university so anxiety regarding this situation is rising.
Original post by Greygecko
Hi,

In 2020/21 I was studying for a PCET PGCE 1 year course but due to COVID it was extremely difficult to both find a suitable placement to pass the qualification alongside being difficult to maintain good mental health regarding the outcomes I aimed to achieve for modules. In June 2021 I withdrew from the course due to these circumstances alongside an inability to see myself being able to complete a 100 hour placement by the end of the academic year to pass.

SFE advised me earlier this year that I would be eligible for funding if I was to return on a full-time basis which I have secured starting this month (gift year), however my application is still processing and naturally I'm nervous regarding the outcome - I was unable to submit evidence of my withdrawal during the application process and I'm now waiting for student admin to email me a headed letter outlining I had withdrew.

I was wondering about the status of my application still being on "Processing Application" and the likeliness of it being delayed due to a supposed lack of evidence on my part - I still need to pay rent, living expenses and travel costs to university so anxiety regarding this situation is rising.

Hi there, When did you submit the application? If evidence is outstanding we would not be able to fully process the application until all evidence has been received. We can look into this further for you, please contact us direct. You can do this by signing into your student finance account and accessing our live chat service where an advisor will be able to assist further. The service is available between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, When did you submit the application? If evidence is outstanding we would not be able to fully process the application until all evidence has been received. We can look into this further for you, please contact us direct. You can do this by signing into your student finance account and accessing our live chat service where an advisor will be able to assist further. The service is available between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Thanks, Angela

My application was submitted last month alongside when I had my interview for the course this year. Both elements were quite late due to a death in the family and struggles that followed. If my application was to be bounced back to me requiring evidence do you know how long would this take to process or if there is any support available to bridge the gap while waiting to be assessed?

Thanks!
My application was submitted last month alongside when I had my interview for the course this year. Both elements were quite late due to a death in the family and struggles that followed. If my application was to be bounced back to me requiring evidence do you know how long would this take to process or if there is any support available to bridge the gap while waiting to be assessed?

Thanks!

Hi there, We are currently in our peak processing period and are advising to allow a minimum of 6 weeks for any information or evidence to be reviewed once received. Thanks, Angela
Reply 4
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, We are currently in our peak processing period and are advising to allow a minimum of 6 weeks for any information or evidence to be reviewed once received. Thanks, Angela

One more question...If I was to upload evidence of my withdrawal preemptively before my application gets bounced back, would that restart the processing time or would the evidence not be reviewed until I am requested to upload the evidence? Thanks again
One more question...If I was to upload evidence of my withdrawal preemptively before my application gets bounced back, would that restart the processing time or would the evidence not be reviewed until I am requested to upload the evidence? Thanks again

Hi there, do you mean evidence for your gift year? If so, yes you can upload this while your application is being processed. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending