The Student Room Group

Would schools close down due to rise in strep A deaths?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ROTL94 3
Oh, I see. You're just angling for more time off as if you don't get enough in the school holidays. Ruined a lot of people's education among a lot of other things the last time they did anything like that so I don't think they'll be in a rush to do it again.

Yep I wanted school be shut in 2020 (was calling for them to get shut), oh boy did I regret asking for that, was so glad when online learning was over (I prefer face to face learning or would have liked to have received online lessons from the very beginning as opposed to being set textbook work).

Praying that educational institutions don't close again 🤞🏾. Hate online learning/working from home. I don't mind sitting through pre-recorded lectures though.
Original post by Andrew97
No we can’t keep closing schools and isolating people because of Diseases going around. Need to build up immunity.

Agreed.

Would support isolating people who catch the disease and allowing any people who live with the people who caught the disease to isolate if they want (e.g Y6 kid catches strep (Y6 kid would be forced to isolate) so older sibling in Y11 wants to isolate (Y11 kid has a choice on self-isolation) as a result without being fined) but other than that nah, wouldn't support shutting schools over it unless it becomes really serious.
Why ever open any school ever again?
It doesn’t look like they are going to close so far
Reply 24
Original post by Trinculo
Why ever open any school ever again?

The government should also give us winter holidays too like why tf should we go school in this flipping cold weather
What about christmas break
Original post by Ali.12345
The government should also give us winter holidays too like why tf should we go school in this flipping cold weather
Reply 26
Original post by simplyhere
What about christmas break

Naa you know how there's summer holidays from july to September they should also extend Christmas holidays to December till February and we return in march its so much better due to kids being absent
Naa you know how there's summer holidays from july to September they should also extend Christmas holidays to December till February and we return in march its so much better due to kids being absent

December to February? That's 2 months off, too long in my opinion.

Being in an exam year group (if you're in Y11) and missing this much school is bad, trust me I know from experience.
Obligatory "if the queen dies will GCSEs be cancelled?" type thread on the latest current event...
Original post by Talkative Toad
December to February? That's 2 months off, too long in my opinion.

Being in an exam year group (if you're in Y11) and missing this much school is bad, trust me I know from experience.

I agree. During summer, I forget everything
Original post by simplyhere
I agree. During summer, I forget everything

That's true.
Original post by Talkative Toad
That's true.

If they did and it's big if I'd guess January or Early february it won't be a long one though and probably only primary school who are the most likely to get it a secondary school kid should be able to reason and follow instructions.
Original post by jonathanemptage
If they did and it's big if I'd guess January or Early february it won't be a long one though and probably only primary school who are the most likely to get it a secondary school kid should be able to reason and follow instructions.

Still don't think that schools should shut, maybe only shut schools severely affected by the disease.
There have now been 24 deaths altogether in uk and 21 children have died in uk due to this. Parents have been calling to shut schools down i guess when these little kids go back first day in January the government would do a U turn and close schools down until winter is finished hopefully thats what happens what do you guys think? Can the government let us do remote learning?

Yes, closing down the schools seems a reasonable response. It’s simply gone too far now
Original post by artful_lounger
Obligatory "if the queen dies will GCSEs be cancelled?" type thread on the latest current event...

"It's the King's coronation just before exams (uni, BTEC, T-levels and GCSEs) we can't possibly do our exams then!, we wouldn't be as focused plus it's a significant event".
Reply 35
Original post by jonathanemptage

Now we have china bring covid back looks like this country is doomed again i think January maybe the time they close skls from strep a and will extend its closure due to covid

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending