The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Sunderland
University of Sunderland
Sunderland
Visit website

Placement

Anyone studying adult nursing at the uni of Sunderland in London? Please where does placement take place? Which hospitals?
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone studying adult nursing at the uni of Sunderland in London? Please where does placement take place? Which hospitals?

Hi. I don't study nursing but I hope this helps. I'm assuming this is the course you are looking at https://www.sunderland.ac.uk/study/nursing-midwifery/undergraduate-adult-nursing-practice/ . This is what it says on the website, so I assume you'd be based in one of these hospitals:

"At all levels of the course, you will undertake unpaid clinical placements in hospitals and the community. The placements occur in blocks of varying duration:

Year 1 two blocks, each block is nine weeks long (18 weeks in total)
Year 2 three blocks, each block is seven weeks long (21 weeks in total)
Year 3 two blocks, which are 9 and 16 weeks long (25 weeks in total)
Your first placement will take place in the first term, after ten weeks of teaching.

You will undertake your placements at one of our partner trusts: South Tyneside and Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust, The Newcastle Upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, North Tees and Hartlepool Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust and Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust."
Student in halls, University of Sunderland
University of Sunderland
Sunderland
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks for replying. Yes I have seen the above information on the website but different from mine. This Uni has different learning locations. For the above Trusts, it’s for students studying nursing at the Sunderland campus. My campus is London. This is a new one.

Thanks
Original post by OluchiOE
Thanks for replying. Yes I have seen the above information on the website but different from mine. This Uni has different learning locations. For the above Trusts, it’s for students studying nursing at the Sunderland campus. My campus is London. This is a new one.

Thanks

Sorry. Maybe it's this one?
https://online.sunderland.ac.uk/online-course/bsc-hons-adult-nursing-blended-london/

"NHS TRUSTS WE WORK WITH IN LONDON
Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
London North West Healthcare NHS Trust
Kings College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust"
Thanks so much. The blended is my program.

Lastly, I have enrolled for Jan 10th start but I don’t have access to the timetable etc to help me plan myself.
Original post by Iosifina05
Sorry. Maybe it's this one?
https://online.sunderland.ac.uk/online-course/bsc-hons-adult-nursing-blended-london/

"NHS TRUSTS WE WORK WITH IN LONDON
Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
London North West Healthcare NHS Trust
Kings College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust"

Lastly, I have enrolled for Jan 10th start but I don’t have access to the timetable etc to help me plan myself.

I'd say the best thing to do is email the department (Head of Department?) or whoever does IT support asking for your timetable and login details if you haven't already received those. If you haven't heard back from them before the 7/8th of January, phone them if possible and send a follow up email.
Thanks so much

Have you completed your enrolment online?
Original post by UniversityOfSunderland
Have you completed your enrolment online?

Yea and I have emailed the department and all is now sorted for me.

Thanks to all that replied my thread
Yea and I have emailed the department and all is now sorted for me.

Thanks to all that replied my thread

Great :smile:
I have applied this year for Adult nursing online, can you tell me how is with placement? thank you!
I was registered on the Sunderland programme last year. I found it incredibly difficulty to access quality advice.

It is a full time programme...you'll need strong organisational and study skills to keep up with the work load
Original post by Davenursing
I was registered on the Sunderland programme last year. I found it incredibly difficulty to access quality advice.
It is a full time programme...you'll need strong organisational and study skills to keep up with the work load

Have you done the Adult nursing blended programme? i thought is online learning and placement 8 weeks
Original post by raluca22
Have you done the Adult nursing blended programme? i thought is online learning and placement 8 weeks

The blended programme when I was on it required 1 day per week face to face attendance, and the next week one day per week face to face in a Microsoft teams call. The call lasts the full day, in addition to the one day per week there is about 15 hours of study to do, online forum chats and activities to complete.

Placement is full time for weeks your on placement.

I ended up leaving the programme after injury and enrolled with LSBU instead. It’s also a full time programme, with similar requirements in terms of hours and placements.

As a general note - you need to make sure you have the suggested availability as the minimum amount of time required for the programme.

As it’s a regulated course attendance and engagement is mandatory.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending