The Student Room Group

Can I transfer final placement for Nursing from London to Manchester?

I just moved from London but I didn’t finish my final Placement .
I am in Manchester now and I am thinking if is any possible to do here my 12 weeks placement?
Original post by Dana15
I just moved from London but I didn’t finish my final Placement .
I am in Manchester now and I am thinking if is any possible to do here my 12 weeks placement?

This is a question for your uni or have you withdrawn from your course?
Reply 2
Original post by normaw
This is a question for your uni or have you withdrawn from your course?

I didn’t finish my final placement because I moved in Manchester but I will like to continue
Reply 3
Are you still enrolled in university as a student nurse?
Reply 4
Original post by moonkatt
Are you still enrolled in university as a student nurse?

Yes
Reply 5
But is difficult for me travel from Manchester to London for placement
Reply 6
I will prefer to find here in Manchester to accommodate the placement
Reply 7
Original post by Dana15
Yes

Is the university you are enrolled with happy for you to do your final placement there?
Reply 8
Yes there are happy to transfer me here but I don’t know where I should call to accept me
Reply 9
Original post by Dana15
Yes there are happy to transfer me here but I don’t know where I should call to accept me

Ok, I’m a tad confused. You say transfer: do you mean transfer universities, or are you remaining a student with your university in London whilst arranging a placement up there?
Reply 10
The University is happy to do the placement in Manchester but I couldn’t find place to do my hours
Reply 11
Original post by Dana15
The University is happy to do the placement in Manchester but I couldn’t find place to do my hours

What have you tried so far? I imagine you’ve been left to arrange this by yourself?

I’m presuming you’re adult branch. Have you tried getting hold of the placements people at the trusts up there? They might be called “practice placement managers” or “placement education facilitators” and see if they are able to help you, if you try hospital switchboards they might be able to put you through to them.
Reply 12
I try it but I didn’t get any reply, the hospital switchboard they can help me.
I try with University from here and they said they can’t help others students from others Uni
Reply 13
I don’t know what i should I do next 🤷*♀️
Original post by Dana15
I don’t know what i should I do next 🤷*♀️

Usually it is the unis that organise placements in hospitals. You have three options:

- go back to your course tutor and say that you need help to organise a placement as you have been unsuccessful
- go back to London and finish your placement there
- see if you can get a uni in Manchester to take you to repeat your final year
Reply 15
I only have to do my final placement because I pass all the exam
Reply 16
The universities in Manchester are not going to arrange a placement for a student that isn’t enrolled with them. You need to speak directly to the people who arrange placements at the hospitals up there to see what can be arranged for you. You’ll be competing with local students who will take priority though, so you may struggle. As suggested above, it may be easier for you to go back to London for 12 weeks to finish your course.

Edit: this took me less than a minute on google: https://mft.nhs.uk/medical-education/student-practice-placement/
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending