The Student Room Group

Placements for Edge Hill University Adult Nursing students

Hello. I want to ask about placements for student nurses at Edge Hill Uni. Does the Uni offer you choices in where to go for placements? Is your residence location considered for your placement assignments?
I have offers for adult nursing and still undecided. Visited Edge Hill Uni and loves the university vibes in it.
Cheers💕
Reply 1
hi, i don’t go to edge hill but as far as i’m aware most unis are the same with placements. my uni assigns placements to students all across the county and wants us to have at least one placement close to the city and one further away, so i got my first placement in the city that the uni is in and for my second placement i had to move away to get to it. they do take in consideration where you live as long as it’s in the area that placements are offered and they also take into account whether you drive or not
Reply 2
Original post by okayykayy
hi, i don’t go to edge hill but as far as i’m aware most unis are the same with placements. my uni assigns placements to students all across the county and wants us to have at least one placement close to the city and one further away, so i got my first placement in the city that the uni is in and for my second placement i had to move away to get to it. they do take in consideration where you live as long as it’s in the area that placements are offered and they also take into account whether you drive or not

Thanks for your reply. Highly appreciated.
Reply 3
Original post by CSyder1822
Hello. I want to ask about placements for student nurses at Edge Hill Uni. Does the Uni offer you choices in where to go for placements? Is your residence location considered for your placement assignments?
I have offers for adult nursing and still undecided. Visited Edge Hill Uni and loves the university vibes in it.
Cheers💕

For all nursing courses - no, you don't get a choice in where you go for placement. Your placements are with the (local) hospital/community trusts/health boards linked to the university; the university places you and this should be within 90 minutes' commute.
Cheers💕

Hi @CSyder1822,

Before you join a nursing programme at Edge Hill, we ask students to complete a pre-placement form with details like their term-time address.

Placements are allocated according to your address and we would not ask you to travel more than 90 minutes from your term time address.

You may find it helpful to speak with Laurey who is a current MNSW (Hons) Children’s Nursing and Social Work student. She would be happy to let you know more information about placements in the health department.

I hope this helps and best of luck with your future studies,

Melissa- Course Enquiries
Reply 5
Original post by Edge Hill University
Hi @CSyder1822,

Before you join a nursing programme at Edge Hill, we ask students to complete a pre-placement form with details like their term-time address.

Placements are allocated according to your address and we would not ask you to travel more than 90 minutes from your term time address.

You may find it helpful to speak with Laurey who is a current MNSW (Hons) Children’s Nursing and Social Work student. She would be happy to let you know more information about placements in the health department.

I hope this helps and best of luck with your future studies,

Brilliant!Thanks very much 💕.
Brilliant!Thanks very much 💕.

Hi @CSyder1822,

Happy to help! If you would like to speak to Laurey, you can find her profile here.

Best of luck with your future studies,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending