The Student Room Group

What is the best method of revision for biology and chemistry?

Hello,

I'd like to ask what are the best methods to revise for biology and chemistry.

I find I don't always know all the content which is problematic. Would using flashcards be helpful? Are flashcards an effective method of revision?

Thanks
Flashcards are useful, personally using past papers has always been my main revision method
Original post by Joseph182
Hello,

I'd like to ask what are the best methods to revise for biology and chemistry.

I find I don't always know all the content which is problematic. Would using flashcards be helpful? Are flashcards an effective method of revision?

Thanks

Blurting is a really good revision method to use. You may have heard of it but if not what you do is pick a topic and set yourself a 5/10 min timer and basically write down everything you remember. After that timer is up, grab a different colour pen and a revision guide and add in anything you forgot. Repeat every so often until you’ve remembered all the content.

This one may seem silly, but using specific colours for specific topics can help you remember. Something about when you picture that colour and the writing it’ll help you remember. I didn’t really use it in my gcses but I’ve been using it for my tests in year 12 and it’s been helping.

Finally, past papers. And study the mark schemes. The bio mark scheme is very specific sometimes and lots of my friends got caught out a lot so definitely revising with the mark scheme if you find you get caught out a lot.

Good luck with your revision and your exams and let me know if you need anything else!
Flashcards are useful to learn terms, past papers the very best way to see for yourself how good you can answer the questions in detail. Tutorial videos are helpful for a better understanding.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending